What has happened to NCIS this season?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Nov 13, 2011.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    The characters have lost their individuality and have become little pansies. Remember when Tony always had a movie quote on the tip of his tongue? Remember when Ziva was a bad ass? Remember when Abby had all her weird quirks? Something has happened to the writing this season and last. This year, NCIS is a must watch if you want to be put to sleep.

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I don't think I'd agree it's *that* bad, but there's definitely a change to more character vs case oriented, in most cases I'd suggest there's a new show runner, but I don't think they changed.

I've however been VERY happy with the Gibbs-centric stuff.

3. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    There's something really off about Magee this season too. Not only has the actor noticeably lost weight, but there's something about his voice that seems to have changed as well.

4. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I think it's fine. Same show it's always been.

5. holee

holee Uncertain

Dec 12, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    My one nit for this season is that the episode two weeks ago, Abby said "the Google."

6. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think she said it ironically, like "teh google".

7. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I suspect it was some of the writers moving to NCIS:LA. I do like the more serious stories they've been doing this season, like the current two-parter, but I miss the "old" characters and dialog. It just seemed to hum better, for lack of a better term.

8. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I'm still loving this show. I always laugh when I see people ( or at least the shoes and socks) walking past Abby's window. I wonder how you would get that gig? LOL

Me- I was on NCIS I was the 4th pair of sneakers on episode 517. :)

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    That weight was lost a couple seasons ago...he's been noticeably thinner the past couple seasons; it's nothing new and no more so than previously. Voice seems the same to me...

10. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    She may have been recalling a George W Bush malapropism.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSsK6Elqu8g[/media]

11. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    The characters have just been flat this and last season. On the flip side, I find myself enjoying NCIS LA more these days. NCIS (non LA) days are numbered if they don't get their writers back. Remember the scene where Tony and Ziva are visiting this drug house with these two huge guys trying to intimidate them? And Tony walks off to let Ziva handle the big guys, next scene they're on the ground and cuffed. THATS WHAT WE WANT.

12. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I have to agree.

13. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm guessing the same way you got the gig?

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have caught up to the two part episode and still like the show. I am of the appropriate demographic though, geezer.

15. Lodaddy

Lodaddy New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    No Ziva the baddass! No Gibbs the baddass, No anyone shooting even!!!! Just solving mundane crimes via the telephone! Doesnt anyone wonder why nobody is looking for and killing whoever is responsible for The Murders of Ziva's Dad and Vances wife? really,.......BORING!

16. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Gotta be candid here... I hate how flat I found this season. And I hate Rocky Carroll as the director, so the less I see of him the better.

So I have just pulled the plug on my recordings for this show. Too bad, too. It weas once my favorite.

17. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I don't care for him as director, either....never have. But while I don't like him, I'm still enjoying the show....

18. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 31, 2002
    VT
    At our house NCIS has gone from a "must watch in a couple of days", to having 3 unwatched episodes stacked up. I can't put my finger on it, but the show just seems less interesting.

I don't care for Rocky Carroll as the director either. From his mannerisms it always seems like he's going to say something interesting, but never does.

19. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    I think the point is to shake things up a bit and let NCIS LA get some better ratings because it's usually had to play second fiddle. Until this season, I've usually preferred NCIS over NCIS LA, though it's started to switch.

Deal is, NCIS is coming to an end soon - I think it's been going for 10 seasons now or so and it's just time (JAG lasted 10 seasons and it was fairly popular), so let NCIS trail off into the sunset and NCIS LA take over now that it's hitting its stride. In a few years, NCIS LA will spawn off another series and it'll need a few seasons to ramp up and get ready to take over.

Hell, CBS probably has a more profitable show ready to take over for a few seasons (despite getting 15+M viewers weekly, its ratings aren't THAT great.) Run that for a few seasons until Bellisario is ready with his next series and then let it spawn off.

20. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    IMO, NCIS LA doesn't hold a candle to NCIS....I've tried watching it a few times, and the characters don't have near the chemistry that NCIS does.