What happened?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jdonalds, Mar 25, 2020.

1. jdonalds

jdonalds New Member

Aug 4, 2017

Advertisements

We've had TiVo Romeio OTA for a couple of years. We really don't use it that much. Now when I try to watch shows, even shows that were recorded, there is no green triangle play button next to 95% of the shows.

I thought if a show was recorded over the air it would be stored on the TiVo and I could watch it.

What gives?

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm not sure that I follow--that is how the TiVo box generally functions. Have you tried playing a show on the My Shows listing?

3. jdonalds

jdonalds New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    Thanks for answering. Yes I'm in My Shows. but I see no green arrows on any of the recorded shows. I can't watch any videos.
    It shows it as a Prime Video. I do have an Amazon Prime account. TiVo screen capture.jpg

4. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    From the screenshot above, you're at TiVo Online, on your PC or smartphone. Can't you just use your TiVo remote, press the TiVo button at the top, bring up the TiVo Central screen on your TV, and then press the My Shows selection and choose a show to play on your TV?

Or is it that you're trying to watch on your PC/smartphone a show recorded on your TiVo box?

5. jdonalds

jdonalds New Member

Aug 4, 2017

Advertisements

Yes that works. Thank you very much. At least now I know I can still use the TiVo and I didn't waste all of that money buying the thing. Now I have to figure out why it won't work on the PC. I have TiVo Stream. Perhaps that is where my problem lies.

Thanks again. You've been a big help.

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Cool.

For playback on your PC, things can be wonkier. I have only gotten it to work from within my house, on the same home network that my TiVo box is on; some people, though, have been able to get it to work for them from outside the house as well.*

For whatever it's worth, I just checked and right now, TiVo Online is letting me play TiVo recorded shows on my PC, within my house, from my Bolt box which has Stream-like capability built-in. Maybe you put your finger on the issue and there is an issue with your Stream right now (those boxes indeed can be fickle)--you might try restarting it and/or your Roamio box to see if that helps. The fact that the TiVo Online page is not showing the green play arrows for you might indicate that this is the issue (I get the green play arrows for my Bolt box's recorded shows).

Good luck! And at least you know that your basic TV functionality still is there. :)

* TiVo originally was looking at and perhaps aiming for that, a number of years back. My suspicion is, for some reason, the ability inadvertently was turned on for some people prematurely, while the rest of us are still out in the cold (and likely will remain there, as TiVo seems to have abandoned this effort).