What happened to the Locast app for Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dadrepus, Mar 30, 2021.

1. dadrepus

dadrepus Active Member

Jan 4, 2012

Advertisements

We have been having issues with our antenna lately which has frustrated my wife to no end. Even with the rotor sometimes the picture breaks up so much you miss what is going on. We are located half way between Balt and DC and it happens both directions on certain days.

In order to keep the wife happy, I purchased Locast for those times. At $5/mo not a heavy cost and have the app on the Roku but would like to not have to switch to it to use Locast. Locast still advertises Tivo DVR as a viable platform but I don't see availability in the app section. I am on TE3 on both Bolts. Must I upgrade?

2. JLV03

JLV03 Active Member

Feb 12, 2018
    I think it is in the "Vewd" app.

3. dadrepus

dadrepus Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Yep, just tried it out. So many steps to get to the Locast App that it kinda defeats the desire to use it. Might as well just go to the Roku, fewer steps to get there. If only it would move to the front of the app line once activated but no......too many layers.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    In the stream 4K it's in the guide. Anyway you can add it to the guide in the DVR.