What happened to my ESPNH(73) signal during the storm?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by michael1248, Jul 29, 2007.

1. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002

Advertisements

I TiVo'd the NASCAR race today here in South Florida on Channel 73, ESPNH. About 30 minutes into the recording we had a tremendous thunderstorm. I knew I would probably lose part of the recording, but I didn't count on losing the whole thing!

The signal never fully restored itself and the rest of the 4 hour recording was full of pixelation.

When I switched to live TV, my recorder was still on ESPNH and the picture was still high pixelated. I simply went up one channel and then back to ESPNH and bang! A perfect picture.

Why didn't my dish reacquire the signal, in it's entirety, after the storm? The other channels seem to record just fine.

2. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Maybe I should have phrased my topic question as follows:

"Why didn't my TiVo reacquire the entire signal after the storm."

I guess most people figured that this newbie didn't realize that storms cause a signal to be temprarily lost.

3. louiss3000

louiss3000 New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Yeah, it looked like a newbie question, but you caught it. I too saw some of that, don't know what caused it however, I fixed it just as you did.

Where are you? I'm outside of Fort Lauderdale (33321).

4. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    I am in 33317/Plantation.

Sadly, when I got home the race was already over, but still taping. ( I always add an hour for the green-white-checkered.)

The moment I switched from 73 and back again the PQ was perfect. For just that reason I always enjoyed taping the races OTA from FOX using an attic antenna.