What games would you like added to your TiVo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by davidblackledge, Sep 6, 2015.

Games we would like to play on the TiVo

1. 2 player games (checkers/chess/poker/cribbage) - on different TiVos across the Internet

14.3%
  2. 2 player board games (checkers/chess) - take turns holding the remote on 1 TiVo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 player games (checkers/chess/poker) "by mail" - take 1 turn & come back later

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. up to 6 TiVos at once board/card games (Chinese Checkers, Poker, Blackjack)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2+ player turn-based "action" games (turn-based Bomberman, Battleship, or a catapults game)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. single-player randomized brain games (Mastermind, Blackjack, Solitaire, Minesweeper)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. single-player puzzle solvers (Sudoku, Sakoban, Lights Out, Peg Solitaire)

14.3%
  8. single-player action-like games (like Tetris, simplified Space Invaders or Breakout)

14.3%
  9. family board games of chance (similar to Chutes & Ladders, Monopoly, Sorry, Life)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. NO MORE games, please (current options are enough!)

71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. davidblackledge

davidblackledge Registered l√úser

Sep 9, 2008
    NM

Advertisements

I enjoy creating games for EnterWebz.tv users, but I want them to actually be played. What would you like to play on your TiVo?

In part, I want to know if people would want to play "by mail" games where you make a move, quit, and come back later when the other player(s) has/have made a move; and also if you'd want games where both people are sitting in front of the same TV, taking turns holding the remote; or if I should just stick to multiple-live-TiVos and single player games.

My games usually include optional Live TV while you're playing (or possibly Radio Auricle in the future).
    Most will use my setup where you have a lobby where you can start a game, join a game, or watch a game. Where appropriate, I'll include high scores.
    Someday my "chat area" may even support a simple choose-a-phrase chat system, too, not just automated game progress messages.

As a reminder, EnterWebz.tv currently already includes:
    • old Solitaire, Freecell, and Mahjongg games
    • old Jems game (kind of like Rockswap)
    • Minesweeper
    • Cribbage (single or multiplayer with Live TV)
    • WordSmythe (my enhanced replacement for WordSmith with Live TV)
    • early versions of TiVo's Skull & Bones and Samegame
    • a link to wmcbrine's Reversi
    • and a simple tic-tac-toe.