What does it mean??!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by aerialplug, Aug 8, 2007.

1. aerialplug

aerialplug Serious TiVo User

Oct 20, 2000
    Swansea
    This is only the second time TiVo's given me a timeline like this - the last time was a couple of years ago.

I've attached a photo of what it looks like.

Ignore the flash burst reflected off the telly (I forgot to turn off the camera's flash - but the photo took).

The entire timeline is blank and has 2 minutes worth of green - and the other 2.5 hours is then recorded "virtually" to the right hand side of the end of the timeline.

I suspect it's something to do with endpad and the very moment I started playing the recording which was quite close to the beginning as I had to type in a PIN to access the Box Office Channel so that the rest of the recording would work - and if so, I'm not complaining - it's just weird to see though!

I suspect I've probably self explained what it means and I suspect an unmodified TiVo would never display this strangeness - but it does look strange nonetheless :)

Attached Files:

2. martink0646

martink0646 New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Wisbech
    I've seen the same thing exactly & it might give some clues to another ongoing problem.

I've had my suggestions turned off for a year or so now. Seeing the recent debate about a lack of suggestions I got curious & turned them back on. I've noticed that when a suggestion is recorded of over 2 hours I get exactly this situation. e.g. when its recording a shopping channel or sign off.

I thought at first there had been a reboot & it had picked up & started recording again when it booted up. But that didn't make sense for a couple of reasons; it wouldn't be down for 2 hours plus, more like 2 mins & it normally stops the current recording & starts a new one exactly the same (for scheduled recordings).

So I decided to FF'wd through the recording & found that there was a couple of hours worth in the little bit at the end. I didn't bother too much (& am not particularly bothered now as I can take or leave suggestions).

Maybe someone cleverer than me (or bothered) can define a link between this & the ongoing suggestions problem or maybe it's just a coincidence. You could be right about endpad as I run that as well but I don't think so as it only happens on suggestions for me.

Martin

3. PhilG

PhilG New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Yup

I've seen this three times, over the last three years or so, and I also have Endpad

But I also have lots of other hacks too, so who knows

I was extremely concerned the first time I deleted one of these, but saw no ill effects (yet)

Phil G

4. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Looks like it's just reading the length of the show wrong in the database - what does TiVoweb show?