what cTIVO channels are considered copyright protected?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Rtteachr, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rtteachr

Rtteachr New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Just getting into TIVO now, and waiting for our system to arrive. I was looking into cTIVO to download content that I record. Does anyone know of a list of channels that it cannot download because they are marked as copyright protected? Thanks!

2. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    It varies from system to system.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    What cable company are you with?

Scott

4. Rtteachr

Rtteachr New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    FIOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Verizon or Frontier?
    Verizon protects HBO and SHO, and then the various Fox owned cable properties such as NatGeo, FX, FXX, FS1.

AS far as I know Frontier flags everything but locals, at least that was what they did in the past.

6. Rtteachr

Rtteachr New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Verizon. So it doesn't sound like too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Not SHO. The others are correct.

(HBO includes the Cinemax channels.)

8. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    TYVM, I keep saying HBO and SHO and then being corrected because I forgot it was Cinemax.. damn my failing braincells! :)

9. igirl

igirl Member

Feb 5, 2011
    NorCal
    Old thread - but I'm having issues downloading a couple of shows from The CW - Supernatural and Riverdale - however - I am able to download other CW shows - Supergirl, Flash, Gifted - so I think only certain shows are blocked...

10. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    CW is broadcast TV, so by FCC mandate nothing on it should be copy-protected. My system is Spectrum (was TWC) and they are very aggressive protecting stuff, and I can download "Supernatural" with no problem. (Usually copy protection is either off or on for a channel and does not change for different programs.)

Tune your Live TV to CW, then go to the Diagnostics page under Tuning Adapter (or CableCARD Decoder if you don't have a Tuning Adapter) and scroll down to the tuner that is on that channel; further down you'll see an entry for "CCI Byte:" for that channel. It should have a value of 0x00 indicating copy protection is off. If you see anything else you should complain to your cable company.