What commercial skip?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by mrick, Nov 18, 2019.

1. mrick

mrick Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I heard a lot about the skip button. Have not had a show yet where it worked. The 30 second forward works. Anyone else?

2. Willy92

Willy92 Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Los Angeles
    What Tivo do you have?

3. mrick

mrick Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Just started using my Bolt OTA. Figured out what is going on. My recorded shows are not skip enabled. The ones my wife has recorded are. Went into settings and set my skip preference to "automatic". Now I know to just fast forward.

I have a Logitec Harmony One so I am not sure I will be able to program the Skip function. Hoping that just making the skip function automatic will work.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No. Can you give an example of a failed show? Also, skip failures have their own thread: Skip not available on shows recorded tonight

5. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Mine initially wasn't working either, then I discovered it doesn't work for every show.

6. ManeJon

ManeJon Active Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Also doesn't work right away - people actually watch the shows and put in the skip locations. I find it takes until next morning until skip shows up - so can't record a show at 8:00 and watch and expect skip at 9:00.
    Never worked for all shows on all networks

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When SM began, these were the networks supported:
    SkipMode channels | TiVo

EDGE broke the web page so you need to scroll down.

8. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Skip shows up within 5mins for me.

eman926 likes this.
  9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Most programs have SM in a few minutes, but I've seen a few take over 8 hours. It's not predictable.

eman926, mattyro7878 and osu1991 like this.
  10. paully65us

paully65us New Member

Nov 19, 2019
    I have a Bolt Vox (which I love - best Tivo yet) and my skip works for the major network channels - NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX after about 2 or 3 minutes after the recording is done. Sometimes I exit out after a few minutes and go back in and it is ready. My Southpark and Rick and Morty will take a little longer. Make sure you change your skip preference to automatic. It is really great.

11. mrick

mrick Member

Jan 6, 2008
    So many good replies. Thanks to all. My wife has been out of town and as this is new, she didn't know how "skip" worked. From all your comments, I passed on the information. And that I had set the function to Auto Skip rather than manual skip. She will be happy. Most of her shows say they are skip enabled.

12. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Just program a key for D.

Myself I programmed skip to the stop key since it is not used for any Tivo function.

13. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    There is nothing like watching the skip mode do it's thing. I talk to the Tivo and say "SKIP THESE SHOWS NOW!!! And it happens. Cool