What can I do when telephone (non-tech) support fails?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by evilipoo, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Jan 4, 2006 #1 of 11
    evilipoo

evilipoo Trust no 1

Apr 23, 2005
    So Cal

Advertisements

I'm having loads of trouble trying to get actual telephone support...

To condense as best as possible...
    LOVE my Tivo, so bought Tivo & 1 yr. gift sub for parents for Christmas. Parents loved it, called for lifetime service. 1st rep goofed everything up by cancelling gift sub instead of just transferring lifetime to new card and billing the difference. 2 calls of 1+ hours each from Dad and I get the call to help. 4 calls of 1+ hours each from me and I'm at a loss. Bottom line: Service is disconnected for the 2nd time this morning (was supposed to be on temporary service until 1-7-06). Hold times at customer support make it virtually impossible to call from mobile phone or work.

I know that this could have all been done online in 5 minutes, but parents do not have internet access.

I have case numbers, service numbers, everything I should need to be able to get this resolved... but so far no resolution. Can anyone give advice for who to contact from here or how to proceed? Mom was in tears on the phone this morning when she called to tell me that service had been disconnected (yet) again.

Thanks in advance for any direction or advice anyone can provide...

2. Jan 4, 2006 #2 of 11
    ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    I am afraid that TiVoOpsMgr has posted here that after activation on a gift card it is not rtansferrable to lifetime but that you are baqsically out the money on a gift card if you decide after activation to switch to lifetime.

I mentioned a scenario just like this as to why that is a bad thing. Brand new TiVo customer in tears.

my advice is to send an email to TiVoOpsMgr directly, look him up in the member list in this forumand you will find the email address there.

unfortunately, a lot of the TiVo staff is at the big CES show this week and I would not expect much of a reply until he is back next week and caught up on his email.

3. Jan 4, 2006 #3 of 11
    evilipoo

evilipoo Trust no 1

Apr 23, 2005
    So Cal
    Thank you, ZeoTivo...

The only reason I bought the gift sub is because I was assured that it was possible to convert to lifetime. I will try your suggestion and hope for the best.

4. Jan 4, 2006 #4 of 11
    TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    I'm not at CES -- please drop me an e-mail (estephen@tivo.com) with your case numbers and information, and we'll have someone sort this out.

You definitely can use a gift sub for Product Lifetime when you activate or within 30 days. After 30 days, you can convert from Monthly to Product Lifetime, but the cost is the full $299, there's no credit for any amount remaining on the gift subscription. This is spelled out in the terms and conditions.

Best regards,
    Stephen

5. Jan 4, 2006 #5 of 11
    ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

Advertisements

ah, the within 30 days after activation is clarification to me.

hope it works out, evilpoo (note- I had to laugh when typing that username)

6. Jan 4, 2006 #6 of 11
    evilipoo

evilipoo Trust no 1

Apr 23, 2005
    So Cal
    Well, I'm currently in the middle of another 40 minute wait on the phone with support...

TivoOpsMgr--email has been sent. Thank you for assisting.

ZeoTivo--glad you enjoyed the username ;)

Much appreciation to you both...

7. Jan 6, 2006 #7 of 11
    evilipoo

evilipoo Trust no 1

Apr 23, 2005
    So Cal
    Incredible... :mad:

No response for over 24 hours now and when I call customer support (after the initial announcement that basically says to call back later) I find that my hold time will be at least 35 minutes... Instead of being the greatest gift ever, this whole experience has been an incredible nightmare.

How is it that there is no one (according to every rep and "supervisor" that I've spoken to) that will actually handle an escalated call within an agreed upon time frame? Now, I am pretty new to the Tivo customer support experience, but so far I find absolutely no evidence of process, best practice or SLAs being used by this support center. :thumbsdown:

I'm sorry to go on and on... but again, if anyone knows absolutely anything about how to get a resolution or at this point even any kind of satisfaction out of this situation, I would be grateful for the guidance.

8. Jan 6, 2006 #8 of 11
    TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Evilipoo, sorry that you didn't get our response -- I did receive your e-mail, sent a reply to say that we are investigating, and made sure one of my team members was working on your case with the customer support executive support team. You will definitely receive a response today. We apologize for the delay, and I'm not sure how my e-mail was missed.

Apologies again for your problem.

Best regards,
    Stephen

9. Jan 9, 2006 #9 of 11
    evilipoo

evilipoo Trust no 1

Apr 23, 2005
    So Cal
    Thank you, TivoOpsMgr. I did get your email.

After waiting all day on Friday for the promised response that never materialized, I sent another email with more info and detail. I hate to say it but at this point ( 6 days with no Tivo, even with a fully paid gift sub) the best solution might just be a refund and I'll find the parents a different--albeit belated--Christmas gift. I'm going to have a tough time convincing them that even a gift Tivo is worth this amount of hassle. :(

Forum folks, thank you for your patience. I would still welcome any suggestions, though I'm not entirely sure that this can be remedied...

Eva

10. frozzbite

frozzbite New Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Australia
    You're lucky you're not an Aussie Tivo customer.
    In Australia, Tivo has completely cancelled the phone support for anything.
    How disgusting is that eh!
    It is impossible to talk to Tivo by phone for support.
    Can you imagine what it's like when you get a black screen of death. Then you have to start the infernal back and forth email saga to try and get it fixed bacause their generic on screen fixes don't work.

11. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    They dont look at dates down under? This thread is over 5 years old.