What are...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by teresa222, Jan 6, 2006.

1. teresa222

teresa222 New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    the little circles beside title of shows in your "Now Playing" list? Beside of tivo suggestions recorded is a little black, yellow and white one that says tivo. Beside my recordings they are either green or yellow. What do they mean?

2. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    Those are Tivo Suggestions.
    The Tivo will auto-record shows it thinks you might like, based on the "thumbs" rating you give the shows you record and watch. It will only record suggestions if they won't conflict with any of the shows you have told it to record and there is free hard drive space.
    The more shows you rate the better the suggestions will get.

3. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    The green and yellow are an indicator of how long the recordings will stay stored on your Tivo. Green is for a newly recorded show. Yellow is for a show that has been there for a while but it will not be erased. Yellow with a ! in the middle is for shows that might get erased if the Tivo needs the HD space to record shows that you have set up to record. Of course you can keep recordings as long as you want. Go into each show and change the "Keep until" options.

4. NoCleverUsername

NoCleverUsername New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    California
    Close, but not quite.

No dot = new recording
    Green = Keep until I delete

5. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    Wow, I really misread that post the first time.

Black with Tivo- Suggestion
    No dot- New recording
    Green dot- Keep until I delete
    Yellow dot- Recording is past the "Keep Until" date and can/will be deleted if the space is required to record another program.

6. NoCleverUsername

NoCleverUsername New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    California
    Tracy got the yellows more or less right, which is why I didn't bother to list them again in my post.

A yellow dot with exclamation (!) means the recording is past the keep until date and can be deleted if the space is needed.

A plain old yellow dot simply means that the recording is more than 24 hours old (I think) but not past keep until so it's still safe from deletion for the time being.

7. Tracy RainH2o

Tracy RainH2o Photo Man

Nov 17, 2005
    Georgia
    Yea if you want to really get technical. I was trying to keep it simple. I rarely get to see a show on my Now Showing list with no dot.............I have a two year old.