What are your favorite new shows so far?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by packerfan, Sep 29, 2007.

1. packerfan

packerfan Elk Whisperer

Jan 7, 2002
    Titletown
    After the first week of new shows, which ones are your favorites? I think Journeyman and Life have potential to be really promising.

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I haven't watched many. I'm waiting to see which ones make it. I enjoyed Reaper, Pushing Daisies and Aliens in America.

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    So far...

Dirty Sexy Money
    Chuck
    Reaper
    Journeyman

4. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Reaper so far.

Life I'm not sure about, I'll see how it develops.

5. packerfan

packerfan Elk Whisperer

Jan 7, 2002
    Titletown
    Oh ya, I really liked reaper. Haven't watched Chuck yet though.

6. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Reaper. Maybe Chuck (wife liked Chuck better than Reaper, I'm the reverse). I enjoyed Bionic Woman too. If I had to pick one I think it would be Reaper as long as they can keep the writing and directing up. Otherwise there really isn't much deep plot to fall back on.

Those are the three new shows that I've watched so far. I'm still waiting on Pushing Daisies, and Women's Murder Club.

7. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    The jury is still out...

8. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Still too early. Lots of good shows, most posted above. I'm not really at a favorite yet, gotta see about 4-5 episodes for that.

9. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Reaper and Chuck, so far. Also liked Life and Gossip Girl. Jury still out on Bionic Woman and Private Practice.

Waiting for Pushing Daisies to premiere next Thursday.

10. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chuck and Life. I'm giving Bionic Woman 4 more episodes...

11. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I was kind of surprised to see a thread on this already. I just figured a good number of people on here would be recording and watching later to see if the show gets canned and watching would just be a waste of time. OK, so maybe not most people (?), but that's definitely how I'm dealing with the new season. Too many times in the last few years I've watched a new show, liked it, and it's canned in under a half-dozen episodes. Burn me once, shame on me. Burn me twice, shame on me again. Burn me three times... well, you get the idea. Anyone remember Threshhold? Drive?

I'll wait a few weeks on the new stuff and give my attention now to NCIS, The Unit, Driminal Minds, etc.

12. TivoFan

TivoFan New Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    Like:
    Journeyman
    Life
    Reaper
    Chuck
    Gossip Girl

On the bubble:
    Bionic Woman
    Big Shots

Couldn't get into:
    Pushing Daisies

Hated:
    Dirty Sexy Money

13. ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore
    Wow. This is amazing. Seen a lot of the ones mentioned so far, and nothing rates better than a "meh".

The winner is: Back to You.

I've missed Kelsey Grammer, the man's a brilliant comedic actor. This was the first show in years that I was literally in tears I was laughing so hard. And Heaton is pretty good too.

And the writing is good, too--it's not just Grammer and Heaton.
    That little puff of smoke when the halogen lamp killed the fish for the nth time really got me somehow. I rewound and watched it a few times.....

14. MisterBubble

MisterBubble Makes Bathtime Fun!

Oct 30, 2005
    Central Florida
    Loved:
    Reaper!!!!!

(Expect/Hope to Love: Pushing Daisies)

Liked:
    Back to You
    Big Bang Theory
    Gossip Girl
    Kid Nation (unexpectedly - I tuned in expecting a trainwreck)

Entertaining, but didn't live up to the hype (still giving them a chance):
    Bionic Woman
    Chuck

Not even close to as good as the BBC Version, but I loves me some Gordon Ramsay anyway:
    Kitchen Nightmares

Lastly, it's not network or prime time, but I'm not ashamed to admit my new "guilty pleasure" show is:
    TMZ

15. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    There have been no new series that I've been excited about this season. The best is a "meh" for Chuck and Reaper.

Granted, I haven't seen Journeyman yet, it's still sitting on my DVR, and I'm hoping to like it... but the fact that it's been sitting there since Monday and I still haven't really felt like watching it is probably a bad sign.

The jury is still out on Bionic Woman. I'm hoping it was just a bad first episode, since it was really just the pilot slightly re-edited, and that the future episodes will be better.

I wanted to like Pushing Daisies and Moonlight. Pushing Daisies turned out to be trying too hard to be quirky for my tastes, and Moonlight was just plain rotten.

16. unixadm

unixadm Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    Nothing that blew me away so far...

Really liked:

Journeyman - Was worried that it would just a rip off of Quantum leap....but even though it shares some similarities, depending on the writing, this could be a great show

Dirty Sexy Money - Yeah, a little over the top, and a bit of a soap opera, but Peter Krause is a decent actor (loved him in Sports Night), and the surrounding cast is pretty good. This may be more of a guilty pleasure type of show.

Liked:
    Back to You - Not the greatest sitcom, and nothing award winning, but a nice 1/2 hour diversion.....I predict about 3 seasons for this one.....definitely not in the "Everybody loves Raymond", "Frasier" or "Cheers" category.

Recorded, but still haven't watched:
    Big Bang Theory
    Bionic Woman
    Chuck
    Big Shots

17. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    Life
    Heroes

18. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006

You'll miss it then! It's on Wednesday!!!

As for the topic, nothing's wowed me yet. We'll see what PD can do and I'll keep an eye on the Brits (Bionic Woman and Journeyman), but that's it so far. Of course, my DVR still has stuff I haven't watched yet.

19. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Journeyman :up:

20. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    So far Reaper gets my favorite spot.

I liked Chuck, Big Shots, and Dirty Sexy Money. Fence sitting a bit on Bionic Woman.

High hopes for Pushing Daisies.