What are my transfer options (HR 10-250 to DVD)

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by The Bad Guy, Jul 22, 2007.

1. The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy New Member

May 28, 2003
    Hi guys,

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a HR20-100 for installation in about a month.

I'm going to transfer to the Tivo to the bedroom to get rid of an older DirecTivo.

I'm trying to transfer some of my recordings over to my Panasonic DVD player, but have had no luck.

It appears I recorded it at 720 and my recorder obvioulsy can't support that.

What are my options for getting these recordings off my machine besides VCR?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Use the resolution button on the front of the HR10 to set the output to 480i, then your DVD recorder (I assume you meant recorder and not player) will be happy.

3. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Try the forums at DDB for the meaningful options other than transferring in standard def.

4. The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy New Member

May 28, 2003
    These programs were already recorded last year. I think the default setting I had was 720p, but the channels they were recorded on were standard def.

I can get audio on the recorder, but no video.

I'm really at a loss how to set it up so I can have it transfer from my Tivo, to the recorder back to the TV.

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    HR10-250 will only ouput to the SVideo/Composite RCA output in 480i mode, regardless of the resolution of the original content.

There is no way (discussable here) to extract HD content from the HR10-250.

(not even sure there is a way discussable anywhere)

phox

6. PRMan

PRMan New Member

Jul 26, 2000
    Yorba...
    There is a way, it's just not discussable here.

Set your output to 480i and the video should show up on the Composite/S-Video output. You can run that into a DVD recorder.

7. MurrayW

MurrayW Murray

Aug 28, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Are these recordings you want to keep after you watch them? If they are just shows you want to watch then delete, then why transfer them at all? Cancel your service on the HR10-250 and just watch the shows that are already recorded on them. Once you have watched everything, then you can do what you need to do with the HR10-250 -- return to *D if it is leased and they want it back, sell it on EBay, etc.

8. The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy New Member

May 28, 2003
    I just downscaled to 480i and was able to get them to record.

I'm planning on keeping the HR10-250 and making it the bedroom receiver.

These were recordings of the NFL Draft 2006, which I got on TV for, and a Mets game that I sat behind home plate.

9. MurrayW

MurrayW Murray

Aug 28, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Are you sure that wasn't the 2005 NFL Draft? "The Bad Guy" wouldn't happen to really be Pacman Jones would he? :D

10. ersnicker

ersnicker New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    hello,
    I am trying to find information for transferring shows off my HR10. We are moving this weekend and I am being swapped out to the HR20 so I wanted to see what my options were. I do not have a DVD recorder, but was entertaining that option to buy one. So can I:

1) Buy a DVD recorder and record those programs I want to keep?
    2) Somehow move those shows to the HR20? I assume this reqs some hacking that I probably want to avoid.
    3) set up both HR10 (if they allow me to keep it) and the HR20 and somehow swap between the units when i want to see the programs on the HR10?

I am not a wizz when it comes to tech stuff, but I can hook up stuff without much problem.
    any help is appreciated. thnx

11. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    (3) is the best choice - usually they will let you keep the HR10. (2) is not possible as far as I know. (1) is doable but may not be the most convenient.