What are my options now on DTW?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by scatpack, Sep 18, 2007.

1. scatpack

scatpack New Member

Jan 21, 2002
    I have a directv HDTivo that ive owned for about 2years I believe.

Will it soon become HD-Useless with the changeover?

My father has the same unit and DTV already contacted him about a swap with the Direct TV HD unit and did the install already... but no word to me. Am I not 'swap-able'?

I dont visit the forum often so if these questions seem "newbie" bare with me a bit.

Thanks

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    It will still be HD-usefull for OTA...

It will not be able to access the new HD Networks.
    And in the near future, it will no longer have access to any SAT Based HD feed.

You are swapable... go ahead and call

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Let's not forget that it can still record a whole lot of hours of DirecTV SD.

4. lornehosman

lornehosman Token South Dakotan

Apr 30, 2002
    Texas
    2 months ago, I had 2 HD directivos (both in the living room) and 2 SD directivos. Early this month, I "swapped" out 2 HD Directivos - then, I retired a series one SD directivo and replaced it with one of the HD Directivos, and am in the process of getting everything off of the other so I can retire a series two SD directivo.
    My wife thinks it's crazy that I need to be able to record 6 things at once in the living room, but, until baseball season is over, what the heck.....

I see no reason to get rid of my HD directivos - I imagine that there will always be OTA HD shows to record. Not only that, they record SD well.

5. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    I've seen elsewhere that it appears DirecTV is contacting people by location. They were saying that it appears they started on the west coast.