What activates streaming

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by BHyde, Jan 30, 2012.

1. BHyde

BHyde Member

Dec 14, 2003
    Connecticut
    I just purchased an Elite, and activated service yesterday. The Tivo website had a message for a while that it was still processing my activation, but that is now gone and the Elite is listed as one of my Tivos. I have successfully managed to transfer over my season passes and transfer one recording from my Premiere XL to the Elite, but streaming doesn't seem to be activated. For my network, I use a Slinglink Turbo, which uses my power outlets to connect to my network.

The XL box is listed on the Elite, and vice versa, but I can't get streaming, only a transfer of programs.

What do I need to do to get streaming working?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    First you have to be on 20.2 software for both Premiere & Elite units.
    Then TiVo needs to enable streaming in your account for both.

3. BHyde

BHyde Member

Dec 14, 2003
    Connecticut
    I've got 20.2 on both machines. Do I have to call Tivo to activate streaming?

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    According to a TiVo spokeswoman (Margret) starting today TiVo is supposed to enable all remaining series 4 machines for streaming, but it can't hurt to call them to check your account. Usually for a new TiVo it takes up to 48 hours before TTG, MRV etc. start working properly even after you enable them via tivo.com website. Not sure if MRS also has such a delay or if just connecting to TiVo service a couple of times is enough.

5. BHyde

BHyde Member

Dec 14, 2003
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the help. I had the Elite connect to Tivo again, then awhile later got a message that the software had been updated and streaming had been enabled. And in fact, streaming was enabled.

6. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Yup I can stream now too.