What a joke Tivo has become

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Ross Pokorny, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Ross Pokorny

Ross Pokorny New Member

Oct 8, 2017

Advertisements

After over three months my new Bolt+ still will not allow me to play or stream anything recorded on it with my iOS devices. This was one of the key selling points of this device otherwise I would’ve bought something from Comcast and after a long discussion the person I was speaking to all just accidentally hung up on me I never bothered to call me back. Before she hung up on me and she claimed that they wanted to get the problem fixed and then offer me compensation I said why don’t you just give me my money back and I will send the box back to you and it was at this point that she once again accidentally hung up on me. So if you’re reading this and thinking about becoming a Tivo customer all I can say is run the other direction. They are totally and completely worthless and incompetent. Once they have your money they do not give a rats ass about you.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Are you asking this board for help? Or are you just looking for some therapy?

CloudAtlas and Willy92 like this.
  3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Sign me up.

dlfl and exdishguy like this.
  4. EWiser

EWiser Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I can tell that tech support and network issues is a tough nut.
    Especially when you are dealing with any modem from a service provider.
    They lock them down pretty tight.
    They want you to just surf the web an not so fancy things like streaming out of the home.
    I just spent two days resetting my AT &T router back to bridge mode after it was reset in the middle of the night by AT&T
    I have a ton of internet tweaks that allows me to do all kinds of video streaming. I uploaded a video during the day Sunday and I guess they didn’t like it. But I have learned networking from fighting back at their games.

Willy92 likes this.
  5. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005

Advertisements

Dump the iOS. Problem solved!

6. chiguy50

chiguy50 U.S. Army (ret.)

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't usually use any iOS devices with my TiVo, but I just did a test and was able both to stream live TV and play back a recording from my Roamio Pro on an older iPhone. Both features worked on the first try without a hitch.

If you are interested in solving your issues, I would recommend that you provide more particulars on the your setup and the symptoms in order to permit regular iOS users to assist you in finding a solution.

You will find that the TiVo Community Forum is a far more valuable resource than TiVo customer support for most technical issues.

Mark814, dlfl and aristoBrat like this.
  7. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    One of my Bolts is the same way. It won’t stream on iOS or Android in or out of the home. Streamed fine on the old TiVo stream that was there. When I got the Bolt for my dad as a replacement for a dead Roamio, I took the TiVo stream to Las Vegas and put it on the Roamio we have out there. The Bolt errors out whenever attempting to stream. I haven’t called TiVo as we use a Slingbox in his home connected to a Mini most times. I have a Bolt in my house that streams just fine on Android and iOS out of the house. I need to call TiVo about it sometime, just haven’t had time to go over there and call yet.

8. Willy92

Willy92 Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Mine does some channels, for instance, I can never get F1 events, but I can get Drag racing and NASCAR. I thing the channel has to give permission or something. I'm talking about recordings, not live TV.

9. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Ask them to take back the Bolt and send you a refurbished Roamio Pro. As I recall, that one does iOS streaming. It also is a higher-quality product. Problem solved.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  10. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I download and stream on 3 iOS devices all the time. Works perfectly.

Roamio a Plus and a Fios provided modem/router.