Westworld "The Mother of Exiles" S03E04 April 5, 2020 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Apr 6, 2020 #1 of 33
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona

Advertisements

Well, now we know who's Pearl is in Charlotte (and all the others). Didn't see that coming.

Why does Stubbs need to drink beer?

So now Serac has to retrieve Maeve, repair her, and start over, only he will no longer have the element of surprise on his side. I'm very interested to see where this is going.

How does all this murder and mayhem take place at this super ritzy party and nobody seems to notice or care? Were they all on that designer drug and just thought it was a hallucination?

2. Apr 6, 2020 #2 of 33
    pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002

Although to give credit to the Showrunners they did not pull it out of thin air, they set it up. The problem is distinguishing the real clues from the misdirections.

To see what is coming you don't need Serac's Oracle, read this forum ;)

tim1724, Steveknj, Tony_T and 3 others like this.
  3. Apr 6, 2020 #3 of 33
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    And why did Maeve order a large sherry?

Yes, seems like everyone in the area was tripping (or I think they call it dripping in this world). Seems like that drug might play an important role. Liam still has the vial that his friend gave him. Wonder if he will use it somehow even though Caleb has him in his control. Why is Liam still needed? Maybe his blood is still needed to gain access to something, though I can't see what at this point.

4. Apr 6, 2020 #4 of 33
    pgogborn

Nov 11, 2002

While I was looking for the exact quote of something Liam said to Dolores I came across one of those bonus websites the Showrunners set up.

The quote is:
    "I have read access to the outer layers, but nothing deeper, I go to the office, I spend the money, but I'm a figurehead. No one knows what the system is doing, other than its original architect."

Maybe Dolores can hack his limited read access to gain full access to the system.

The website is:
    If Data Is Destiny, Then You Chart the Path | Incite Inc.

Liam is still CEO of Incite Inc. and digging down the website Incite Inc. provides the transportation technology that Doleres has already made good use of and other relatively non-sinister useful technology.

5. Apr 6, 2020 #5 of 33
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

Well, I can see why they need him to disappear at least, and preferably in a way that doesn't cause too much fuss. if he was still around he would definitely make a fuss that someone stole his money and it wouldn't be hard to put the pieces together: there's the guy they attacked for the blood, they obviously have lots of video at the bank which wouldn't match, and he would clearly know that his right-hand man was responsible based on the hash code. I find it amusing that they have all this magical DNA matching but they don't have the ability to show a picture of the person on the ID screen!

They didn't seem too surprised by her anyway :). Once again, a great fighter felled by the mighty head-butt. Talk about your plot tropes.

6. Apr 6, 2020 #6 of 33
    trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Everyone had their eyes wide shut.

7. Apr 6, 2020 #7 of 33
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They were partying like it was 2001...

8. Apr 6, 2020 #8 of 33
    Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Why didn’t the Off Switch that Bernard created not work on Connells/Delores? Anyway, now that Deloris has it, she can use it on Maeve.

9. Apr 7, 2020 #9 of 33
    robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Considering Bernard is a Host too, maybe it's directional? So it doesn't effect him while he pulls the trigger. Like an old ir remote. </shrug>

10. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I am stupid . Who is on Charlotte?

11. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
  12. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I should have asked :who os inside Charlotte?".I know Charlotte...she's an Avenger!!!

13. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Deloris (she copied herself, and is in the other hosts working with her as well)

14. pgogborn

Nov 11, 2002
    A question I have is why is Dolores manufacturing so much white goo? Is it for an army of Dolores' or is it for an army of silent white drones.

15. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    It seemed to me he never got a chance to try it. He was trying it on Liam and it didn't work, then Connells got the drop on him and he couldn't move to reach for it.

As for Maeve, it's not clear that all the switches work the same way or do the same thing. Serac created Maeve's body. He said he added a special kill switch into her, that seems different than what the others have. Also Maeve has capabilities that it doesn't seem like the others have, in terms of controlling tech. So I wonder if Bernard's button will work on Maeve. I guess if the button works directly on the pearl and Maeve's pearl is basically not modified, it would work.

Tony_T likes this.
  16. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    It's to:
    [​IMG]

17. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Did Serac created Maeve's body? Maeve had those capabilities from last season. I don't recall how Maeve got out of Westworld. I think the System brought Maeve to Serac's attention.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Except she's a lot more sincere about it than Bender was.

Tony_T and pgogborn like this.
  19. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    We don't know how she got out. But presumably her pearl was smuggled out by Serac minions. To me it seems unlikely that they smuggled out her entire body, but I guess it's possible. She definitely was body-less for a while, when she was in the virtual WarWorld simulation.

20. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Was is a simulation? Wasn’t Bernard actually going back to Westworld to get her out? (or was he going to get Stubbs out?) And if Deloris has Bernard’s pearl, who is in Bernard’s body?

.....I am just so confused.