Westworld 3/15/2020 (S03E01) "Parce Domine"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Mar 15, 2020.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Make sure you keep watching post-credits.

tim1724 and Rob Helmerichs like this.
  2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Looks like this season's mysteries are going to be more conventional and linear than structural. Of which, if so, I approve.

Steveknj likes this.
  3. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    i enjoyed the episode, but was disappointed with the post credit scene. Been done too many times.

4. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Hey, I've been to the Delos headquarters!

[​IMG]

(The spot also got used in a fairly recent Doctor Who).

Overall, I thought it was a nice start to the season. And, so far, fewer needs to start all sort of conjecture.

I kinda like semi-evil Dolores.

5. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Wasn’t the park shut down?
    Are those only hosts in the post credit scene?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Who here thinks Caleb is a host?

7. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Not me

Rob Helmerichs likes this.
  8. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I doubt Caleb is a host. Delores seems to be waging war on humans, I think Caleb is going to make Delores more sympathetic to average Joe humans, I doubt anyone like Caleb could afford to go to Westworld, that the peons are in a way just as trapped as the hosts.

I doubt Delores is going to be like this with him.
    [​IMG]

hairyblue and Tony_T like this.
  9. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I would have thought the recap would have included more. Wasnt there a giant bloodbath/shootout last year? It also looks like we are getting a bigger picture ... almost like the Synths running amok in Picard...this is the prelude to that. Maybe this will be a giant crossover. Capt Adama and C3PO will show up.

10. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs
    I watched this last night and remembered how the end of the last season was confusing at the time, and more so now that I no longer remember how it ended. I went on You-Tube to watch a chronological recap video which was sort of helpful, but fast. I still am apparently a little confused about which brain balls ended up in which host bodies. I remember Dolores/Wyatt's merged brain ball is in the Charlotte host body, the human Charlotte is dead, and host Charlotte body had five other brain balls she snuck out. Still fuzzy on the details of what the deal was with Bernard, Maeve, who is actually in the Dolores host body, and William and his daughter. Think I need to find a better explanation to read. It seems like so long ago since I watched season two!

11. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    fair recap of the first 2 seasons to clear up confusion - Everything You Need to Know for Westworld Season 3

OhFiddle likes this.
  12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Good start to the season. Will be interesting to see how Dolores and Caleb interact, given that she seems hellbent on spreading destruction. But maybe she's only going after those who specifically wronged her and had to do with the creation/financing of the park, but she doesn't have any ill "feelings" toward other humans.

Is Maeve in some kind of WWII World section of the Park?

13. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    its called warworld, one of the 6 themed parks

14. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    I loved me some Jesse Pinkman, but Aaron Paul is a crap actor.

15. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    Wait...what?! Is that true? If so I completely missed that.

16. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs
    Bad sentence structure, sorry! Supposed to be a list of details I was fuzzy on. I'd thought Dolores was still in Charlotte's host body, so I wondered who was in the Dolores host body. That article reminded me that after she got off the island, the Dolores in Charlotte's body made a new Dolores body and put herself in it. So Dolores is in Dolores now, right? But, who is in Charlotte's host body?

17. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    There’s a good chance it’s a modified Charlotte in the Charlotte host body.

18. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Presumably after Dolores made herself a new body, she then made a Charlotte body for the Charlotte pearl, which we then saw in the Delos board meeting. So in this episode, out in the real world, we saw Dolores (host), Charlotte (host), and a host version of the character played by Tommy Flanagan. So does that mean there are only three pearls left to be revealed? Or does that mean that Dolores doesn't need those pearls from the park in order to make host versions of humans?

19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    What do you mean, Charlotte pearl? Charlotte was a human being who was killed and replaced by a Charlotte host with the Dolores pearl. Now that Dolores has her own host body back, we don't know who is in the Charlotte host.

20. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    I just got more and more confused reading this thread.

I don't remember the whole Delores-in-Charlotte-Host thing from last season. I mean, I trust people here who said it happened, and I'm sure I followed the show closely enough to understand it at the time. I just have a big black hole for that whole plot point.