West Wing - "Internal Displacement" - 1/15/06

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Animgif, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Animgif

Animgif Stud, Esquire

Jan 4, 2002
    The City So...

Advertisements

CJ : Come here
    Will : What's wrong?
    CJ : Close the door
    Will : I didn't do it
    CJ : Clooooose the door
    Will : Toooooby did it

I had to pause and laugh for a while...VERY well played =)

PS - Yes, I'm watching it live to avoid studying...

2. Animgif

Animgif Stud, Esquire

Jan 4, 2002
    The City So...
    Spoiler from the preview, but not really since it came up in the VERY last scene:

Well, that's one sure way they can end the series without worrying about the new administration...just make the whole US a nuclear wasteland, hee hee

3. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Okay, anybody else think this episode is going to be Alison Janney's Emmy submission for this year? She was phenomenal in this episode. She can say so much with just her eyes.

4. RegBarc

RegBarc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Very good episode. Fanagling with the security counsel was a great story line.

5. cheerdude

cheerdude Reed & Juliet's CPA

Feb 27, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV

Advertisements

For those of use that don't have dual tuners (come on Series 3) and were watching/recording 24, anyway to get a synopsis on what happened?

6. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Buried in this forum someplace at least a few times is my suggestion for that end-of-series scenario.

7. Animgif

Animgif Stud, Esquire

Jan 4, 2002
    The City So...
    I'm too lazy to look it up, care to share? Does it correspond with my decision here?

8. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Eh. I just didn't enjoy this one as much as I'm enjoying the campaigning episodes. All my favorite characters (other than perhaps Will) are outside of the West Wing.

9. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
  10. Animgif

Animgif Stud, Esquire

Jan 4, 2002
    The City So...
  11. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Let's see.

Danny asks CJ to dinner and tells her that Bartlet's son-in-law who is running for congress in New Hampshire is banging the nanny. Bartlet has a campaign appearance with him next week, and CJ calls the s-i-l in to tell him he needs to cancel that appearance, with the excuse that he wants to run on his own merit. They don't tell Bartlet the truth. He's surprised. Liz comes in and wants CJ to convince s-i-l to change his mind and reschedule the appearance with Bartlett. CJ says the date has already been given away.

CJ told Josh that some new biotech plant will be built in Austin, but don't tell anyone because they don't want to piss of the democratic Senator from Kentucky who wants it in their state. Santos makes a speech and says something along the lines of "good news coming to Austin." CJ is pissed at Josh. The Senator from KY is pissed at the WH. But then CJ tells Josh that the president is going to announce that the plant is opening in Austin, and will then go to Kentucky to campaign for the senator there. Would Santos like to join? "I don't know, I'll have to check with him." "Go to hell, Josh."

Something to do with the Sudan and the Chinese and the security council.

Danny asks CJ to dinner again. Says he wants to give up being a reporter. The whole banging-the-nanny thing made him realize he's tired of it. He's about to ask CJ to marry him (something about jumping off the cliff holding hands) when CJ's pager goes off and she has to run out. Back to the White House where the national security advisor chick says there's been a nuclear incident. Weapon? Power. Russia? California. Fade to black.

12. barrettd

barrettd Boomer Sooner

Jun 14, 2003
    Oklahoma...
    I really enjoyed this episode and the dialogue within the episode. I liked Will and Kate a lot, and am always glad to see Danny. I noticed this was written by Bradley Whitford and wonder if that has anything to do with the quality of the dialogue.

13. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    Great scene with Will and CJ about the nanny. Paraphrasing a bit (maybe somebody can come up with the actual lines):

Will: He's banging the nanny.
    CJ: But he's got children!
    Will: Good thing, if you you're gonna have a nanny, particularly one that looks like that.

:D

14. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I liked:

Danny: "He's banging the nanny"
    CJ: What?!
    DC: "He's banging the nanny"
    CJ: "Is that a euphamism?" (or was that "metaphor"?)
    DC: "No... well, I guess 'banging' is."

:D

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Actually, lots of good 'banging' exchanges in this one :) (paraphrasing):

CJ: "He's banging the nanny"
    Kate Harper: "Get... out!"
    CJ: "No, really"
    KH: "Is she cute?"
    CJ: "What does that matter?"
    KH: "I grew up around uniformed men; biology kicks virtue's ass everytime"
    CJ: "She's 26"
    KH: "Right... so she doesn't have to be cute"

when Kate said "get out", I totally wanted her to shove CJ, a la Elaine in Seinfeld. There's prboably a gag reel out there with her doing just that. :)

16. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    I watched the entire episode and thought it was very well done. I really enjoyed the quality of the writing -- it had subtlety and an interesting, complex plot that set up numerous plotlines that all came together nicely. I felt that it was a lot like the old Sorkin episodes. It made me really miss the old West Wing.

Then I went back to the beginning to find that Bradley Whitford wrote it. Nice. He should write more of the eps! Great job in my opinion.

Ironically, I found Bradley's character to have the least compelling dialogue in the entire episode, though. Josh was kinda boring! It's interesting that he wrote an episode that had very little to do with the election stuff (which his character is so involved with) and more to do with White House stuff. I wonder if that was a concious choice or if he was asked to do it that way.

17. porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    I "liked" how CJ got a pager message that had her running back to the WH muttering "oh my god..oh my god..." and then arrives and seems to have no idea what's happened. The pager can only say "nuke accident" and has no room for "in California"?

18. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Yup, great episode. I knew that the wife knew about the affair as soon as she came to see CJ. It's too bad Doug didn't tell CJ about that himself. And I really loved the "I didn't do it! Toby did it!" exchange. Very funny.

tk

19. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

would it have really mattered? She still would have told the President not to go and campaign for him.

20. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Maybe, maybe not. Tough to say. If everyone knows about the affair it's not really a secret. Sure the press will run with it, but if the wife comes out and says she knows about it, they're working through it, etc, it loses a lot of its power.

I guess I'm not sure. It just seems like something CJ would have wanted to know. If for no other reason than to see if who she had to lie around.

tk