West Wing : Finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by landrumdh, May 14, 2006.

1. landrumdh

landrumdh Trapped Far Far Away

Oct 6, 2003
    Somewhere
    What a great episode. This show went out with a bang. It's too bad it had to go out, even at it's low point it was one of the best shows on TV.

2. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Man, I miss this show already!

The saddest scene was Bartlett & Charlie talking. I always liked their relationship. It would have been nice if they had shown Toby.

I totally called it on the gift from Mallory! I knew that had to be what was in the box!

3. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I loved the epiosde. Nice finale.
    I am very sad to see it go.

And yeah, as wierd as it seems, I miss it already too.

4. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I'm glad the show got to go out on a high note.

5. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    I got choked up a couple of times.
    Especially when Bartlett met with Charlie.

6. JustAllie

JustAllie Number crunchin'

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    :sniff: Goodbye, best damn show on television. :(

7. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    :: sigh ::: I'm sad. Exceptional episode.

What was it that Barlett gave Charlie?

8. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The copy of the "Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights" that Bartlett carried around with him, and that his father gave to him.

9. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    That's the second thing President Bartlett has passed down to Charlie** They certainly had that father/son relationship.

** a cookie to the first person who responds with the other thing.

10. Mike Farrington

Mike Farrington Lost Member

Nov 16, 2000
    I hate it when they mispronounce the names of New England towns. They've done it a couple of times. When Kate was telling the president how the Acella train was stuck between Exeter and Haverhill, she pronounced Haverhill as "Haver Hill" instead of the proper pronunciation of "Have Rill" where the "A" is long". It's generally pronounced with two syllabes, not three.

11. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    The carving knife...

... and his daughter!

12. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Great episode, with a lot of nice touches. I loved Bartlett's hesitation on granting clemency to Toby. I loved that we saw the scheduling that goes into moving out one First Family and moving in another. I loved that we saw Carol, and even saw Ed and "the other guy" (can't remember his name, but I was happy to see them!) I loved all the references to Leo, making his presence very much a part of the finale. I just loved everything about this.

I am going to miss this series more than I can say.

13. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    :thumbsdown: A terrific series ends with a terrific episode, and this is what you complain about?

I grew up in Patchogue, NY and my regional airport is Islip. I have a feeing you may not know how to pronounce either one, and I'm pretty sure most employees in the real-life White House wouldn't either. Why would you hold a fictional White House operative to a higher standard and expect Kate to know the local pronunciation for what is no doubt a small town on the Massachusett's/New Hampshire border?

14. sschwart

sschwart It sucks to be me

Apr 4, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Patch-ogg, and Eye-slip.

Of course, I grew up in Commack (that's Co-Mack), so I better know how to pronounce it!

Great episode. Very touching. I think everyone knew what was in the box that Mallory brought, and I certainly knew that it wouldn't be shown until the end... I said about 30 seconds before it was opened that he should open it up already so everyone can cry like a baby....

Sad to see it go. It was nice to see it go out on such a high point.

15. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I found myself crying quite a bit throughout the episode. Props to a great show that I haven't watched in a few years. (I did watch John Spencer's funeral.)

16. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

Enjoy the cookie.

and LOL!!

17. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

Too bad you didn't watch more of this season. It was really pretty good.

Anyway, great, great episode. Loved, loved, loved the way they did it. A great transition. It's a damn shame it just can't keep going.

My two favorite scenes were Debbie talking to President Santos' new secretary and Donna scoping out the offices for the First Lady's staff. She sure got a nice upgrade, didn't she? :)

18. sonnik

sonnik Innovations.

Jul 7, 2000
    Phoenix,...
    Great Episode...

Though I thought maybe we'd get an easter egg tipping us off on whatever happened to Mandy (Moira Kelly).

I see this show as perhaps resurfacing as a few "Made for TV Movies" a year, ala Perry Mason in a couple years.

19. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Ding, ding, ding! Give the former Long Islander a prize! :)

20. edc

edc Active Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Houston
    I'm glad they remembered Evelyn Baker Lang would be inaugarating Santos. Too bad they couldn't actually get Glenn Close, although the "hair covering the chief justice's face" wasn't too obvious.

Wonder why they decided not to return to the Bartlet library opening?

Sorkin's cameo was a nice nod.

The note between Bartlet and Santos was nice, but the contents should've been revealed. Incidentally, 80% of the note is legible in HD, and what is actually written on the paper isn't anything momentous.

In the "Studio 60" commercial, Nathan Corddroy is in costume, presumably in a skit playing the not-SNL parody of the president. It isn't W. Gray wig, American-flag pin on his lapel. Not that it is, but I'd be amused if it even *might* be a Bartlet parody...