Weird Tivo Email

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by goman, Aug 15, 2006.

1. goman

goman Member

Dec 16, 2004

Advertisements

Okay I don't know if this a fluke or what but I just got an email from Tivo that said this.

The weird thing was that First Name Last Initial are the same as mine, I live in Santa Barbara (Goleta actually), and I recorded the $40 a Day show when Rachel Ray came to Santa Barbara.

However I do not record the City Council meetings or used Santa Barbara as a Wishlist phrase because I work for the City and I get enough of that stuff from work. Oh and I obviously never said what is in quotes.

Does anyone know my name?

2. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Just a odd happening by chance. By Tivo privacy polcy they wouldn't be able to do that (I don't think).

3. c3

c3 TiVoholic

Sep 8, 2000
    Silicon...
    Yes, your name is Adam N.

4. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    or
    Does anybody care?

5. Virt

Virt Member

Jun 3, 2002

Advertisements

Then obviously you did not send in that tip to editor@tivo.com then did you?

Now what is your point again??? Is that you are spooked that another person living in your very large city has the same last initial as you? If that bothers you, don't ever Google yourself.

6. arc6th

arc6th Fair and Balanced

Jun 26, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    ...and definitely don't search for youself on AOL.

7. ChuckyBox

ChuckyBox New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Santa Barbara isn't that big. Nice though. He's lucky to live there.

The coincidence isn't that large if his name is Joe Smith. On the other hand, if his name is Vooourmoflexxkavj457$$(oooga)@^kaaaaaaarg X, it's another thing entirely.

8. goman

goman Member

Dec 16, 2004
    I would be number 450382

9. maki

maki New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    Minneapolis
    You don't need to write in - TiVo extracts your thoughts and tips for the benefit of the community.

10. moggi1964

moggi1964 Triumph Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    NJ USA
    and suggests thoughts that it thinks you would like!

11. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    TiVo is part of a plot, a maniacal scheme by an ever-increasing world-wide organization of telepaths. The machines are invested with a portion of their abilities, and they regularly hook in and steal portions of our (TiVo owners') minds.

They also erase portions of our memories so when they use information they've gathered, we usually don't realize they've taken our thoughts.

This one incident was a fluke, where your name and some information that can be linked to you slipped thru.

Don't worry. By this time next week, none of us will remember any of this, and the mods (who own TiVos) won't remember having been forced to erase the thread.

Not only is TiVo a wonderful toy, the evil people who are using it for their own ends are quite efficient! :D

12. ChuckyBox

ChuckyBox New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    So efficient, in fact, that they've got us all convinced the company has been in business now for seven years or so without making any money. Meanwhile the fat cats at TiVo are so busy jet-setting around the world with with their Formula 1 team (that costs more than TiVo's supposed annual revenues, and which they own solely for the purpose of scoring big with European fashion models) that they can't get any new products out the door.

13. Madhatter27

Madhatter27 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    So if this is true how did you remember all that?.... Unless you work for them :eek:

14. FireDog

FireDog New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I'm never going to remove the aluminum from around my head because of this kind of stuff.