Weird season and wishlist grouping behavior

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bill McNeal, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Bill McNeal

Bill McNeal Member

May 31, 2002
    I have a Wishlist for "Everybody Loves Raymond" because it runs in multiple channels. On the Now Playing List, all episodes were grouped into a starred folder with the Wishlist label.

I was feeling experimental one day and set up a Season Pass for the same show on one channel, to see if settings such as "keep until" affected the wish list as well. While I did not quite get a conclusive answer, there's a new folder on my NPL for the Season Pass.

I cancelled the Season Pass, but the extra folder stays on the NPL. I've tried rebooting, and cancelling/resetting the Wishlist. I can't get rid of the duplicate Season Pass folder on NPL even though the pass has been cancelled.

Any ideas on how to restore the original state of just one starred Wishlist folder? I have not tried deleting all the episodes to empty the folder. I did not want to delete 100+ episodes to find out that the duplicate folder comes back again at the next recording.

2. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Delete all of the recordings in the SP folder.

and there's nothing weird about it. If a SP recording matches a WL item, the recording will appear in both folders. The same thing would happen if a SP matched a tivo suggestion too. It's always been this way.

3. Bill McNeal

Bill McNeal Member

May 31, 2002
    Yes, but shouldn't the SP folder disappear after I cancel the SP?

There is another quirk with Wishlists: "View upcoming programs" doesn't show all the showings of qualifying episodes. Example: My WL for "Blue Planet" only shows 6 upcoming episodes, when the actual number is far greater since repeats aren't displayed, even though the WL option is set to "Repeats and first run."

Why is this a big deal? In this example, one of the 6 listed was not to be recorded because it conflicted with a higher priority SP. I was considering recording that episode anyway and cancelling the conflicting recording from the other SP, which I set higher because it never reruns its airings. But I manually checked the episode for other airings, and it was to be rerun a week later, set to record. This hidden airing was not on the original "View upcoming programs" on the WL and almost caused me to cancel the higher priority SP recording had I not manually checked for other airings.

I would hope that WLs' "View upcoming programs" shows all upcoming programs to avoid this situation. For some reason it only shows first-run airings.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    No, because there are still programs there.

Your case is somewhat special but in the normal case deleting a Seaon Pass wouldn't have any connection to removing a folder.

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse

Depending on how far in the future that particular airing is and when the last couple of daily guide data downloads occurred, the Tivo could still be working on getting things indexed. If that's the case, it would show up in the regular guide, but not necessarily when using one of the other search features like WL.

6. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Yeah, that's a subtle and confusing difference from "View Upcoming Episodes" which season passes and search by title have.

"View Upcoming Episodes" shows every airing of every episode on every channel.
    "View Upcoming Programs" only shows one airing of each unique episode. (Which does mean that you might not realize a later airing is scheduled to record)