1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird problem!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by RayinMaui, Jul 2, 2018.

1. RayinMaui

RayinMaui Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Maui, Hawaii
    Ok, I have a TiVo Romio Pro which I have had since new in January of 2013.
    Last month I decided to cut the cord and got rid of Spectrum. I was only watching pre-recorded movies and programs off my TiVo to clean it up. Then I saw an advert on eBay for a CableCARD, $4.99. Shipping included! I thought what the heck I'll give it a try. So I got it a few days later and plugged it in and I get all of my locals! Nice!
    Now here's the problem. Lately, TiVo won't let me fast-forward or rewind. Both on live programs and pre-recorded.
    OnLive programs I can get through it by changing the channel and then coming back to the channel. That seems to work most of the time.
    I'm pre-recorded programs, it seems I have to enter from the program list and hit select to play, not the play button.
    Anyone hear anything like this? It's really weird!
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Cablecards need to be paired to the Tivo and MOST cableCo will NOT pair them if they are not their own equipment.

The REW/FF issue is usually with the Tivo service subscription not linked to your Tivo.

3. RayinMaui

RayinMaui Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Maui, Hawaii
    The cablecard seems to be working just fine. It actually updated when I inserted it.
    My lifetime subscription is fine, any other ideas? Btw, it also won't pause when it happens.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Very weird. Two things. First, pull the network cable. Second, pull the cable card.

Verification of a functioning cable card: https://support.tivo.com/articles/Troubleshooting/CableCARD-Troubleshooting

Short version:
    Conditional Access Menu - VAL: Y 0x0n
    Diagnostics - VCTID: non-zero, Channel List Received

5. RayinMaui

RayinMaui Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Maui, Hawaii
    I don't know what did it, but after multiple reboots and card pulls/reinsertions it seems to have gone away.
    I'll let everyone know if it happens again.

Thanks!