Weird "no service" problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by kdc914, Mar 27, 2017.

1. kdc914

kdc914 Member

Jul 13, 2007

Advertisements

Apparently some time late last night or during the day today my TivoHD (160gb version that got a 1tb drive a few years ago) lost its mind. I sat down to watch a recorded show and discovered my 30 second skip no longer worked nor could I re-enter it. Then, to my horror, when I tried to open the channel guide to set a season pass for an upcoming show I got a message that I had no service and that I should call TiVo or go to their website.
    Being a long time IT support guy myself, I decided to follow the advice I had given thousands of times, "shut up and reboot." As with many Windows problems, that seems to have done the trick, including restoring my 30 second skip. I am, however, wondering just WTF happened. Anyone experience this before? No other recent problems and my wife's identical HD didn't have the problem. Freaking weird...

2. Fuzy2K

Fuzy2K New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    I had that same problem a couple nights ago. I also couldn't use 30 second skip, and when I went to turn it back on, I saw that my TiVo had no service. A reboot fixed it for me as well. Weird. :/