Weird issue with downloaded programs

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tomhorsley, Apr 8, 2013.

1. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm using a combination of curl and tivodecode to download mpeg streams and while the resulting file looks pretty good, there are occasional places where it looks very strange. For instance: The credits that scroll at the end of a show appear with two sets of letters offset vertically on top of one another, as if the tivo did a very bad job of deinterlacing before it sent me the file. If I pause the same program while playing directly on the tivo, the duplicate credits do not show up. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Anyone know of a tivodecode (or alternative) that works on transport streams? It would be nice to try the alternate format and see if the same weirdness shows up.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Supposedly there is a 'patch' for tivodecode to handle some but not all transport streams. I haven't ever bothered to find it, though I'd be interested to try it if you do.

3. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Yea, I found it, but all it does for me is generate about 300 bytes of output, spew errors, and stop :-(.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    VideoRedo along with partial install of TiVo Desktop works great for decrypting .TiVo TS files. I don't believe there is a version of tivodecode that works 100% for all .TiVo TS files.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yes, but some of us are fortunate not to use Windows. If someone makes a Mac version of VideoRedo, I'll gladly try it.