Weird Fast Forward Issue on 1x FF w/THD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by TiVotion, Aug 19, 2007.

1. TiVotion

TiVotion Early Adoptersaurus

Dec 6, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Has anyone else noticed this?

When watching either a recorded program OR something that is currently recording, if I press fast forward once (1x), there is approximately a 5 second delay before the video actually begins to fast forward. The audio drops, as it should, but then the picture continues to run in real time for 5 seconds, then it kicks into fast forward.

If I immediately hit fast forward 2 or 3 times, fast forward works normally (immediately) - just not when I press the button once.

This doesn't happen on my Series 3 box; just the THD box. On the S3 box, pressing any level of fast forward works as it should with no delay.

Rewind on either box isn't affected, just fast forward.

Maybe it's just another aspect of the THD software that hasn't caught up to the current Series 3 software yet.

2. vectordyne

vectordyne New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I've got the same problem... I press fast forward and the visual indicaion shows up on screen, but it doesn't start fast forwarding for abour 3-4 seconds. Very annoying! I have a Tivo HD and this behavior started before and continues after the recent b2 software update.