WEHT Bill Rancic Winner The Apprentice 1

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by marksman, Mar 21, 2008.

1. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002

Advertisements

So while I was not going to go out of my way to track down what Bill Rancic was up to, it kind of fell into my lap. Considering his appearance on the original Apprentice, and apparently being employed by Donald Trump after his original contract ran out, I suspected he might be up to big business things.

So imagine my surprise when I turned on my television this morning and there is a guy that looks very familiar, but then I am having a hard time placing him. Almost like a Bill Rancic dopple-ganger. He looks like Bill Rancic but just a little off. I do a quick search and confirm it is actually Bill Rancic. He is hosting "In the Loop by iVillage" with some other chick and Kim Coles. For the segment I saw the other chick and Bill were showing Kim how to cook. Bill was fully channeling Gary Collins on this show. He seemed a natural for this vapid daytime annoyance programming. So where did the big bad businessman go?

I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed. I think if any of the Apprentice winners had an air of legitimacy about them it was Mr. Rancic. I saw the potential for him to do big things, not be Martha Stewart. Besides all this, it turns out that this is the LAST day this show will be on the air. NBC has cancelled it and this was the last episode. So imagine my luck, as I might not have ever seen this for myself.

Don't feel too bad for the unemployed Mr. Rancic though, as I think he recently got married to a reporter/host over on E!

2. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    This is an answer to a question I never had. :D

3. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Was working from home a few weeks back and ran across this. He never had much to do with Trump, that's all a fraud really. But, he got fame and that got him a new gig. Nothing wrong with that.

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    He also recently married E! Networks Giuliana DePandi, so that could explain the circles he is traveling in nowadays.

5. jrinck

jrinck Certified Neurotic

Nov 23, 2004

Advertisements

Didn't he also try out for "The Bachelor" and a few other shows?

His goal wasn't to work for Trump, it seems--he would have taken anything.

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    kendra is doing a home show on one of the hometype networks now :) fix up this house or something

7. visionary

visionary HAVE BRAIN WILL USE!

May 31, 2006
    Norfolk Va.
    I think you will find ALL these people on all these shows apply for everything and every show there is. That is why they often seem so dumb about the show or what happened last season, they never saw it. All are would be actors and they apply at all places they can. Their agents may even do it and they hear later if they got anything.

8. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    yeesh, she's yucky too.

9. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    I saw this a couple times, the other chick was Ereka Vetrini, she was on the Apprentice as well. She also tried the talkshow sidekick thing with Tony Danza.

http://imdb.com/name/nm1525435/

10. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    It just struck me as a bit odd. I guess I should not have been surprised, but it is kind of like if I saw the winner of the next Top Model named CIO of Cisco Systems or charing the Science Department at MIT.

It would not make a lot of sense. I guess I was only fooling myself that anyone on that show was a legitimate business person.