Weeds: Season 7 Thread (Summer 2011)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Jun 28, 2011.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    We're back! Looks like they are trying a reboot. Esteban is dead, Nancy is free & clear of any past crimes, everyone is returning from Copenhagen.

Maybe Silas isn't coming with them? And WTF is Nancy doing with a suitcase full of heavy weapons? And a smile on her face!

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    ...and she got all "lezzed" up in prison....

3. squint

squint New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Maybe she's stepping up from drug dealer to arms dealer?

In season 8 she could enter politics.

4. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    an entire episode without a single ice coffee and a straw?

that is a total reboot! :p

5. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm a big fan of the show, but didn't like last season much. Hopeful for this year!

6. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    totally agree. last season was really bad.

7. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    Not a bad start to the season, but one thing bothers me - why did she have to take those oven mitts from her prison roomie? All she needed to know was where to go to look for the car key, she could easily have gotten a set of mitts or potholders anywhere.

Seems like it was purely decorative, to keep us guessing what she took them for. I figured there had to be something sewn into the lining or some such.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    For that matter, after X number of years how on Earth would that key still be attached to the rock?

But they achieved a high enough level of silliness with the Danish stuff that by the time they got to the sauna, I was just in roll-with-it mode already. :D

9. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Don't think this season has done anything to change from last season. :(

10. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    The word could have gone out from prison and the key planted on the rock the same day or the day before Nancy was in the sauna.

I also agree that last season was a bit of a struggle. I had to watch the last episode of last Season in order to remember where the storyline had left off.

11. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    in fairness to the previous season, the scene with Nancy and the bartender is the most awesome sex scene I have ever seen :)

12. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    [​IMG]

13. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I'm wondering where she's going to put the suitcase when she gets back to the halfway house. She doesn't have time to fence it (nor does she have the contacts).

And no comment about her sister? She's a raving nutjob as well, and has now, essentially, stolen her son. I guess she figured that Nancy would never get out of prison.

14. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I was disapointed Nancy went immediately back to dealing. It doesn't make the show feel like it is going anywhere...

15. Anubys

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    same here. I was really hoping they would go the "high class hooker" route for a while. That would have been really funny (and sexy).

16. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    The show is called "Weeds", not "Nancy's jobs". It's all about the reefer...

17. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    This (cough...cough)....

18. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I understand that. I just thought that she could come back to it in some round-about manner. With this approach, it just feels like the same show as before. There's nothing new.

19. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I like that they're going back to their roots (no pun intended) with Nancy setting up her weed business.

I also like the 3 year jump in time. Makes the characters, especially the kids, closer to their real ages. Prior seasons have started up the day after the end of the previous season, even though almost a year has gone by in real life.

My wife doesn't think Esteban is really dead. I do.

20. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    I hope he's dead, having him alive would suck, imo. I also like the 3 year jump and the ability to reset the business in a new area with new characters and situations. I'd like more Doug as well, he's been the only consistently funny part of the show for me for a while. Andy needs to die, asap.