Weeds: Season 3 - Episode 1 - leaked

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    First episode of season 3 of "Weeds" has been leaked onto the net. You can find it on bittorrent and newsgroups.

2. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    why does these shows get leaked so often, disgruntled employees or is it the studios themselves trying to get a buzz?

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    When does the season start? such a great show

4. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Excellent. Dexter and Weeds are the two shows I'm most looking forward to.

5. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    I think they do it so Malcontent can up his post count.

6. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    13 August 2007.

7. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'll tag episode spoilers just in case:

What a terrible episode. Nothing got resolved (not even partly), yet nothing became more complicated either. Nancy's still in deep s**t, Silas is still in trouble, Shane's still missing. Save for the revelation that Celia disposed of the pot, they could've done away with this craptastic half-hour and the viewers would be no worse for the wear.

They also need to stop with the different artist renditions of Little Boxes, because this one was godawful. Come to think of it, they've all been terrible, but this one especially so.

Was there some licensing problem with the original that started with S2?

8. TivoFan

TivoFan New Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    I'll nominate it for worst theme song ever. Okay, so maybe it's a toss up between it and Enterprise, but it's definitely a contender.

9. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    It felt like a bridge episode, the stopped in the middle. And at the end of the half hour, Shane's still missing (sans Cat, which sucks because she provided the only funny quotes of the episode), Nancy's still up s***creek, and we still don't know about Pastor Skip. Although now I'm hoping episode two gets leaked so I guess it succeeded somewhat.

I don't think so because the last episode of season 2 had Malvina Reynold's version. I wish they would go back to the original, I think I only enjoyed one cover from last years season and it wasn't the one they put on the soundtrack (Elvis Costello's version is on the album)

Wait the song in general or the covers? All of my friends who have never seen the show hate that song. I love it and usually force my friends and co-workers to listen to the song occasionally.

10. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I enjoy almost ALL the versions of the songs, some of the covers were great!

11. dvdapex

dvdapex New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Madison, WI
    I thought the song sucked until after I watched the first episode all the way through. Then it made perfect sense and was absolutely perfect for the show.

12. TivoFan

TivoFan New Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    I was referring to the song.

Episode 2 is out on torrent now.

13. analog4

analog4 New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    I got and watched Episode 1, and have Episode 2, but have yet to watch it.

So far, so good.

14. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
  15. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Second episode is way better than the first episode in my opinion.

16. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    i don't know what show you were watching, but the one i saw was FANTASTIC! the second episode, even better! to expect them to tie everything up really quick is just asinine...i LOVED it! but i DO feela little cheap and dirty for not being able to control myself, but at the same time, i'm SO glad i didn't!

17. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I guess I'll spoiler this since it's really about the second episode, but it's not really that much about an important plot development so it need not be totally feared by those normally avoiding spoilers :):

I was really expecting them to discover that swimming in the weed water would have some profound hallucinogenic effect that'd make it far more valuable than the weed alone.

18. Montana Man

Montana Man New Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Ive managed to get the first 3 episodes of Weeds and the first 2 of Dexter off bit torrent in the last few days.

19. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Episode 4 is now live. Check your local torrent sites. :)