Weeds - 9/15 - Season 4 Finale - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cindy1230, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Cindy1230

Cindy1230 Cuteness overload

Oct 31, 2003
    Bethesda, MD

Advertisements

BTW the episode title is "If You Work for a Living, Why Do You Kill Yourself Working?"

Wow, wasn't expecting Nancy to be pregnant. I thought she was a goner.
    Kept wondering how she was going to conveniently get out of another sticky situation.

She may have been experiencing those headaches because of the pregnancy, but you got to wonder if that ayahuasca(?), the hallucinogen stuff would affect the fetus.

And poor Andy,... the "nice boobies" comment was hilarious, great delivery as always.

I'm so over Celia.

2. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I truly hope that nobody responds to the ransom demands and that they do kill her and send her back in pieces.

3. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I actually thought maybe the ultrasound pic was given to her by the DEA guy to get out of that sticky situation.

I loooove Andy. His delivery on lines is excellent.

4. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    +1 on both (does that make it +2?)

5. evachka

evachka New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    NYC

Advertisements

Same as what I thought. But would he believe it?

So um, what happened to Celia? I'm confused, is she dead or what?

6. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    Her daughter Quinn, who got shipped off to boarding school in the first season, has drugged her, and is going to try and ransom her for $200K to her father. Quinn also told her boyfriend to go screw himself, that she wasn't going to give the money to his revolutionary cause, she was keeping the money for herself.

7. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Didn't the promos for the finale promise it would be the episode that would leave us breathless, or something like that? Didn't happen for me ...

I thought it was kind of a lackluster finale. Nancy maybe pulls a fast one on the kingpin - eh. Anticlimactic. Doug didn't even off himself; if he had gone through with it. well - that would have seriously shocked me.

8. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    i thought the boobs comment by Andy made it pretty obvious she was preggers...

and we were *this* close to seeing Carol Vessey's body :)

9. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    Wow! What an awesome season finale! I couldn't begin to figure out how Nancy would avoid getting whacked by her Mexican boyfriend. Producing the ultrasound was inspired writing! Made a lackluster season all worthwhile IMHO. :up:

I knew there would be more between Andy and Nancy after that kiss in the car a while back. He certainly was really into it even though she was only using it as a ruse for being parked there. I expect there will be more between them next season.

Cheryl

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Huh. I thought it was typical Weeds "we wrote ourselves into a corner so let's pull something out of our @$$ in the finale" writing.

I like this show, but I HATE how they end and begin their seasons.

11. TivoFan

TivoFan Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    It was a lot more believable than some of the season enders though.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, sure, but that's kinda like saying "Intelligent Design is a lot more scientific than some of the Creationist theories though." :D

13. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    Aw, c'mon, this is Weeds fer chrissake, not The Wire. It lives at the intersection of Deus ex Machina Road and Suspension of Disbelief Drive. But it's still one the the most fun half-hours out there. It's sexy, outrageous, and entertainingly written, what more could you want?

The big question is (and I know I could look this up, but I'm too lazy), how long do we have to wait for it to come back?

14. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I agree, in general. For the most part, it's a wonderful show.

It just sucks at transitioning between seasons. They keep writing their way into corners and then doing stupid, lazy things to get out. Eliminate the first and last episodes of each season, and it would go from being a very, very good show to a borderline great show.

15. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    the shipping cost would prohibitive :p

does the daughter really expect anyone to pay so Celia would live? made no sense to me...

so now, Guillermo will walk because of police brutality...I thought it was a very good episode and a good finale...

16. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    weeds returns June 8