Weeds 7/20/09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aadam101, Jul 22, 2009.

1. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts

Advertisements

Did anyone else almost pee their pants when Nancy said "Mexic*nt" lol

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Sometimes I think this show might not exactly be the most PC thing on television... :D

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I actually loved that line!

I'm interested to see how things will go. Is she suddenly safe from imminent death now that she's had the kid in the hospital? I'm confused. What is stopping them from still taking the baby and killing her?

4. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She and her baby are now a matter of public record in the US. It will be a lot harder for Reyes to make them disappear without raising questions.

5. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana

Advertisements

OMG..Andy having to lift Nancy up to get her in the "General Lee..." :D

Get your hand off my boob---:mad:
    Deal with it! :p

6. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I'm not clear on that part...did he want to kill the kid? everything he'd done so far has been to protect the baby...the reason he didn't kill her was because of the baby...why the change of heart?

she is in danger, sure...but the baby was never in danger...and having the baby on the record doesn't change her fate one iota...does it?

7. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    But it's a much bigger deal if a mother and her baby disappear than if a drug dealer disappears. It could potentially spark a media blitz that would probably put Reyes out of the politics business at least, and maybe out of the drug business as well. Politicians don't do well with scandal (like having a baby with his vanished American girlfriend), and drug dealers don't do well with intense scrutiny (like having American television reporters crawling all over your life).

He wasn't going to kill the baby, he was going to take him home to Mexico. That will be harder to do now that the baby is an American citizen with an American mother.

And I suspect it would be even harder on Planet Weeds than it would be on Planet Earth. ;)

(I also suspect that Nancy's impending death may have been more on Nancy's mind than on Reyes' mind. He certainly seemed to be sincere, if rather naive and stupid, about wanting to marry Nancy.)

8. Aug 1, 2009 #8 of 17
    bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Does anyone else think this show has absolutely jumped the shark this season?

9. Aug 1, 2009 #9 of 17
    farleyruskz

farleyruskz Nunya

Nov 13, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I felt this way last season. My wife still enjoys it, though, so I usually end up surfing on the laptop while she watches.

10. Weaselboy

Weaselboy New Member

May 1, 2005
    Yes... it does seem a little all over the place with the story line this year.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe it's just getting old, but it's pretty much always been that way. Over the course of the season, the storylines spin more and more out of control; at the end of the season they have a spectacular cliffhanger from which there can be no escape; at the beginning of the next season, they clear it up in five seconds flat and start again.

12. bengalfreak

Oct 20, 2002
    Yes, but they have changed the entire premise of the show. Its not even about weed anymore. And Celia may as well not even exist in the storyline at all.

13. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    strange you would say that just as Celia has reinserted herself in the main story by selling all of Silas' weed...up until this ep, she was a free lancer with her own side story totally unrelated to the others...

14. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

15. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Absolutely. The show still needs to be set in Agrestic, and Heylia and Conrad need to still be involved somehow. Without that, the show is now a mere shell of its former self. That, and I simply cannot STAND Justin Kirk and Kevin Nealon this season (particularly Nealon, though I've never seen a need for his character at all). I'm only watching out of a sense of duty now.

16. bengalfreak

Oct 20, 2002
    Yeah, well my duty ends with this season.

17. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    It jumped the shark when they burned down Agrestic. I continue to watch but I really don't know why. It's not a pleasure and the Kevin Nealon character has become extremely irritating.