Weed Wars - All Season Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sieglinde, Dec 16, 2011.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have watched two episodes of this. I actually voted in favor of medical marijuna in California. Does this show impress you all with the idea that the store personnel are stoned all the time and are in it for the recreational use? The patients don't strike me that way but the store people do.

2. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I've been watching too. It does seem that there are 2 types of people in this: those who want to get stoned, and those who want it for medical purposes. It seems 95% of the store personnel fall into the former category.

3. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    It's a very interesting show.

I can't believe that kid blew his job there by stealing from them. What an idiot.

4. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I actually really enjoy the show, but I do find it funny that pretty much everyone who works there is a massive stoner.

A couple of people who work there seem to be highly functioning stoners, but for the rest of them... not sure how they make it go.

5. Frylock

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    Yes, some seem fine. But the guy with glasses? Wow. I think it would be shorted to list out drugs he has NOT tried!

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    The kid never explained what he wanted the money for. Why steal $3K unless you are going to buy a car or something with it.

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    He said he was buying heavy narcotics (pills) with the money. He was a little vague. He said something about being in a car accident in the past and being in pain. It kind of implied that he got hooked on the pain pills after the car accident.

I don't know if I believe the car accident stuff, but his supervisor noticed he was acting "weird". Weirder then his stoner self.

8. Frylock

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    Yes, he said he developed a Vicodin additiction. Seems kind of odd that he would go that route when he clearly gets lots of free high-quality pot working there.

9. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Haha.. yeah in the first episode I was like.. woah... this guy is the GM.

He has actually become more understandable to a degree... but at first I was like OMG seriously.

10. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I'm shocked, shocked, that a drug addict would steal!

11. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!
    If the Oakland marijauana place wanted the reality show to help their cause of medical marijuana, it is not helping at all. This is unfortunate for people who are using it for real medical problems not being total stoners.

12. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I would have been shocked if it was anything but this.

13. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I can't believe they are allowed to be totally stoned while at work. That also seems to defeat the medicinal portion of things.

I think the owners heart is in the right place and he seems to even balance it all in his own life, but this show is really not helping things, and the more I watch it the more I believe it is going to get the feds to certainly come close them down.

Playing up the fact that people just tour all the dispensaries for freebies and giveaways on 4/20 seems to hurt the idea that this is some sort of medicinal focus.

That being said as someone who has not smoked any pot in 20+ years and only smoked it a handful of times then I would like to see it available for medical use everywhere. One thing I am curious about too is what kind of impact widespread quasi-legal marijuana availability has had on things like crystal meth usage. Of the two I would much rather have neerdowells on pot than on crystal meth... and I just wonder if it being more readily available has impacted the number of people using crystal meth...

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I think two distinctly different groups are using meth and pot.