Wed Apr 29: Obama Plans 3rd Prime-Time News Conference

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by bitmap, Apr 23, 2009.

1. bitmap

bitmap TiVotee since 1999

Feb 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA

Advertisements

Wed Apr 29, 8PM EDT.

This will at least hit new episodes of Scrubs, Better off Ted, Lie to Me, Rules of Engagement and America's Next Top Model. Others could be affected if the above get bumped to later time slots.

NBC is the winner here, as they had already scheduled only repeats that night. ;)

It seems as though the president should just set a regular monthly date for these things, so the networks don't have to keep juggling schedules around him on a week notice or less.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    OK, I repent of wanting Bush to have done more news conferences. I repent repent repent. If they give the hour 8 PM to the news conference. Then they only have to shift an hour of TV. There are a lot of shows ending their season right now so this is a pain. I think the Season Finale for Better Off Ted is on that day, for example.

3. Chapper1

Chapper1 Broncos Faithful

Jan 1, 2004
    Appleton, WI
    This is getting ri-goddamn-diculous...

4. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Agreed, but at least we have notice so the networks and TiVos can adjust. As I recall, most of Bush's press conferences were on the spur of the moment.

5. bitmap

bitmap TiVotee since 1999

Feb 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA

Advertisements

I'll read that to say that he only called press conferences for things that were actually urgent that he talk to the entire country at once, and not for things that most of us would be happy to read about in the next day's news.

6. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    How dare the Prez think he's more important than our TV shows!!

7. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    He generally gets higher ratings than most shows...

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    That's because all of us here time-shift!

9. ldhurley

ldhurley New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Bend over again and hold on to your wallet.

10. eaglestvo

eaglestvo Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Another episode of The Teleprompter.

11. ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    You people voted for change. Be careful of what you ask for.

12. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I hope we can see Piyush "Bobby" Jindal give a response again. That was better than most scripted comedies.

13. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    +1!

Meanwhile, perhaps Wednesday would be a great night to seed my new Chia Obama (Determined style). :)

14. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    At least it's on Wednesday this time -- I don't have anything on Wednesday anymore! Yaay me!

Aah, the good old days of Ronnie (or how soon some of us forget), he used to be on the air, just as much if not more. I remember, because we use to talk about it in class. Back then of course, we didn't have DVRs, we might have been lucky to have had VCRs, and in the end all that was worth watching WAS on the 3 networks. So stop complaining, and be glad that at least this clown is communicating where the last clown was so secretive.

15. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    You've gotta be sh***ng me! Another prime time interruption for the TOTUS?

:up::up::up:

16. leeherman

leeherman Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Why doesn't he just post the text from his teleprompter on TCF so we can read it at our leisure?

17. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Don't ya just love it. I hate reality TV.

18. Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    Mine just started sprouting. Pretty funny if you ask me.

19. jcaudle

jcaudle Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    This guy likes all the free press time from the adoring press. I will watch cable channels in order to avoid this. I read the newspaper regularly so I don't need to hear what he says with his pre approved reporters he talks to. Why does every single press conference he holds have to be in prime time?

20. msdonnelly

msdonnelly Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Fuquay-Varin...
    Just because there is a press conference, the networks don't have to cover it! Maybe they've decided that a press conference announced two weeks in advance is not news because I've seen no indication of changed schedules. The Futon Critic is still showing the normal schedule for Wednesday and I just fast forwarded through a FOX promo for Lie to Me to show at it's normal time on Wednesday!