web site 'my shows' far behind device

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gteague, Feb 5, 2012.

  1. gteague

    gteague golftango

    528
    0
    Apr 1, 2007
    dfw (euless)
    i've been having ongoing problems (frustrating as hell) with losing sync or signal to my cable cards from a new elite i bought over 6 weeks ago. i'm gone from home for over 14 hours at a time, so it's extremely frustrating to come home and find nothing recorded for that time period.

    i've been checking the 'my shows' tab on the tivo web site to see if the box is recording things (even though i can't do a damm thing about it but stew until i get home to reset the card), but the website is hours, sometime up to 24hrs or more out of date.

    right now (2345) it's showing my last recording was 18 hours ago and i know for a fact it's recorded shows since then and there are at least a dozen shows on the todo list to record between 1800-2400 this evening.

    i'd hoped that the emergency maintenance tivo did on their services a couple nights back might have cleared this up, but it doesn't appear to have done so. has anyone else noticed this lag time?

    /guy
     
  2. AnthonyWeiner

    AnthonyWeiner New Member

    9
    0
    Jan 8, 2012
    The website is always behind. So, yes, I have.

    First, you have A cable card, not cable cards.

    TiVo server maintenance probably has nothing to do with it.

    I'm a little worried you are confused about "To Do Lists", but I'm not sure what you mean and what you actually do.

    No matter, however, because you probably have a bad CC that looses synch after a while. Problem - 99% odds it's the CC, 1% chance it's the new TiVo.

    Call the cable company, get a replacement, replace it and then you will stop being "extremely frustrated".

    Easy cheesy. I would have done it weeks ago.
     
  3. gteague

    gteague golftango

    528
    0
    Apr 1, 2007
    dfw (euless)
    alright anthonyweiner, as long as you don't send me picture of your underwear--what a name to pick! but to each &c... [g]

    i'm sure that no one who has followed my travails (i have a separate thread) since buying the elite wants to read them again, but basically about 6 weeks ago i had a tivo s3 with two working 'm' cable cards. when it went ****-up i bought an elite. one cable card wouldn't pair with the elite at all, the other one paired and works for 8-48 hours, then loses sync or signal and won't recover. after three truck rolls the local tw tech brought me another cable card, but it was beat up and older than the one that was partially working and it only would work for two hours at a time before going south.

    i had a 4 hour call with tivo where they said it 'might' be my tuning adaptor, so i had that replaced. three separate tw techs have checked my drop and signal and snr and proclaimed it within specs. but they will no longer supply me with cable cards. tivo sent me a new elite last week and it seems to act identically to the original unit although since we installed it there's been cable outages and spontaneous reboots so that i haven't got a clear picture yet of whether it will hold signal/sync any better than the first one.

    and yes, i do suspect that the cable cards are the culprit. but my cable company is stonewalling me and refusing to let me to talk to a supervisor. we had a 3-way conference call with tivo and tw level3 support a few days ago and level3 recommended another cable card, but they are unable to pass that recommendation to my local cable company nor can the local company access the level3 ticket--so that's a dead end.

    the reason i've drug tivo into this is because i had a working system for 5 years (3 years w/o tuning adapter and type 's' cards, and the last two years with ta and type 'm' cards) and even though i only changed their component (going from s3 to s4), that box fails to work under the exact same conditions their previous box worked. i say that puts a portion of the blame and responsibility in their back yard.

    there is a thread called 'tivo experience' in the premiere section if you want the details.

    and yes, cable card(s) was an idiotic typo. i can guarantee that, having spent perhaps 36 solid hours on various phone calls specifically regarding cable cards, that i know exactly how many are in the elite!

    and i don't understand some of your other objections to what i posted, so i'm ignoring them. and if it was as easy as 'calling the cable company', well, i've done that so much they are sick of me. and hopefully, they'll be even sicker to hear from me before i'm done--if i'm miserable then everyone needs to be miserable!

    /guy
     
  4. rahnbo

    rahnbo Well-Known Member

    1,263
    37
    Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    I've noticed many times too where the Tivo indicates it is recording something but is not. Fortunately it's usually on a premium channel where I can record the show again later. It kills me when I find my Tivo in a state where it says it "can't find the signal" but if I merely stop the recording guess what, the signal comes in just fine. If I can do that, why can't Tivo? As for Tivo.com it has been slower and slower in getting updates. Not even a month ago I could see updates in about 2 to 4 hours. Now it can be 24 or more hours before changes to my to do lists and season passes are reflected on tivo.com. This is a major pain because I like to print out the to do lists to make sure tivo records what its supposed to because when the situation of signal not found occurs as mentioned above then there is absolutely no reminder whatsoever that the recording was missed. At least with the S2 it would record an hour of nothing and you knew a recording had been missed. Now if you don't keep lists of to do items you may never know when Tivo screws up and misses a recording because missed recording simply disappear.
     
  5. gteague

    gteague golftango

    528
    0
    Apr 1, 2007
    dfw (euless)
    yes, that does seem a new behavior from the s3 to the elite and, as you say, very frustrating when it disappears and you don't realize you've missed it.

    /guy
     

Share This Page