web cams on the stream4k

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by vurbano, Dec 24, 2020.

1. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004

Advertisements

If anyone cares you can run google duo and a LOGITECH c922 PRO hd webcam. the one that is 1080p 30fps and 720p 60fps works fine with an OTG cable. I also have another chinese knockoff web cam that works as well.

2. Snootz

Snootz Tivoholic

Aug 4, 2001
    Tampa Bay,...
    Interesting. I've been trying to do this very thing. I bought a Logitech C270 USB webcam from Best Buy a couple of days ago. Because it is a USB-A, I also bought a OTG(On the Go) adapter USB-A to USB-C. I can't get the TS4K to recognize the C270. Is there something special about the OTG adapter that makes this happen?

I tried installing an app that a youtuber suggested on this video . His video described exactly what I wanted to which is to utilize a webcam instead of the native on the device cams

The app is Prism live studio. When I followed his link to the Google Play store and installed it, it didn't recognize the C270 and noted that the webcam was not compatible with Android 10.

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? I'm guessing wrong OTG adapter? I know the cam is working. It worked with my laptop with windows 10 utilizing the USB-A plug without a OTG adapter.

3. foghorn2

foghorn2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2004
    Las Vegas
    [​IMG] naughty housewives webcams on the tivo, yes!

Dahomey and mschnebly like this.
  4. scottchez

scottchez Member

Dec 1, 2003

Advertisements

Im looking for a cheap low cost lower quality. What is the Chinese knockoff that works?