Wdidle3 does not recognize new wd hdd

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jetcobra, Dec 1, 2015.

1. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have my new Roamio and a WD BLUE EZRZ 3TB HDD to update it.

I wanted to check the park timing, so I checked the WD 3TB HDD on my PC to make sure it recognized it - it did. Then I booted the PC with my boot CD and opened wdidle3 and it says it does not recognize the drive (I disconnected the PC's primary drive). I rechecked that the PC recognized the WD HDD in a regular boot up and it recognizes it as drive E:.

Has anyone had this problem? If so what was done to make the HDD recognizable?

Thanks

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    You don't need wdidle3 for the Blue drive...so it really doesn't matter if it recognizes it.

3. JBDragon

JBDragon Member

Jan 3, 2004
    Fairfield, CA
    You don't have to do anything with a HDD that's 3TB is size or smaller. Just install it into the Roamio and it'll work. It's as simple as that. If it's 4TB or larger, then you have things that need to be done.

Unless you plan to just hold onto a lot of content forever, 3TB stores a lot of Data. My Tivo is always recording content. 4 tuners could be recording at once many times and Space hasn't been a issue. The stock 500 gig HDD on the other hand I think would have just been to small.

4. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Not saying he needs wdidle3, but EZRZ drives are the new EZRX drives moved into the Blue family.

5. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    So I do not have to worry about disabling or extending the Itellipark for this drive?

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Correct

7. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    It's been quite a while since I used widdle, but as I recall you have to run it with "Administrator" privileges in Windows or it wont run.