WatchList not searching Hulu

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by finstead, Nov 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. finstead

finstead New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    South...
    I have Netflix and Prime apps. I just added Hulu because it has Beat Bobbby Flay on the Food Channel. I then added Beat Bobby Flay to my Tivo Bolt OTA Watchlist. When I look at the programs that Tivo finds, I am given only the option to purchase the program on Prime Video, but not option to see the program on Hulu where it is "free." Any suggestions how to remedy this problem are greatly appreciated. TIA.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    What happens if you try to play it?

I wouldn't expect that Hulu would double charge you...

-KP

3. finstead

finstead New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    South...
    Apparently, I did not state well my concern. If I (or someone unfamiliar with the situation) was unaware that the specific Beat Bobby Flay episode were available for free on Hulu, based on the information provided by Tivo, he/she would have as their only option to purchase the episode from Prime. How do I get Tivo to display the 2 options--Prime (fee based) and Hulu (free?)

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    TE3 or TE4?

-KP

5. finstead

finstead New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    South...
    KP: my apologies, I do not know what TE3 TE4 are. Perhaps another way to phrase my question/problem is: is there a way to create a OnePass for a series on Hulu. It appears that the OnePass I have for Beat Bobby Flay is for Prime Video only. Thanks for bearing with me.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just to be precise, Amazon Prime content is free. Amazon Video is for purchases. Amazon Video will, if checked as a provider, also include Prime. On my apps list (TE3), I only select Prime Membership since that is Prime. I think it's the same as TE4, but I'll check. The app Prime Video is the one that include content you make have to pay for. Also, the 1P defaults are used during a Search. Using the Amazon app directly ignored the 1P defaults. For TE3 and Prime, the 1P defaults would be:
    1PDefault.JPG Include would be different (include streaming)

I don't have Hulu but I do have Prime.

7. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    @finstead, TiVO is terrible at metadata and has a failure rate of around 40%. These failures are for various reasons (Program does not show up in search, Program shows up in search but cannot be bookmarked, Program shows up in search but does not list the correct service, Program shows up multiple times and episodes are split between them or a different for different services, Program can be bookmarked but episodes are missing/incorrect order/link to wrong episode, Bookmarked Program does not have episodes show up in a timely manner, etc...). You can contact TiVO and let them know there is an issue, but the people receiving the tickets are untrained general support and have no idea how to understand and resolve these basic core functionalities of the company. A lot of times TiVO catches on anyway and things get fixed at some time between a day and a year, but plenty of times they never figure it out.

Please see the following threads for further detail:
    I can search for and bookmark the show you mentioned, but it is not showing up with Hulu as you say. I'd go ahead and create the bookmark anyway because they may correct it in short order depending upon when it was added to Hulu, but you may have to resign yourself for his one program you can going to have to manually launch Hulu and go to it from there. I maintain an offline spreadsheet for just this reason.

UCLABB likes this.
  8. finstead

finstead New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    South...
    TE4