Watching recorded shows on Computer

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kturcotte, Jan 30, 2016.

1. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    Is it possible to watch recorded shows from a Roamio Basic (OTA and cable) on a Windows 10 computer? Time Warner cable, so I imagine everything is locked right down, but I have zero problem pulling the drive and adding it to the computer if necessary.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    It's very easy, actually. I'd recommend a program called kmttg. It will allow you to copy shows from your TiVo to your PC, and it can also decrypt them so that they can be viewed on any device. Link to kmttg ...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmttg/

4. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Oops! I just realized you have Time Warner. I think they may have the cci byte flag set to "copy once" on most channels. If so, you are pretty much SOL, at least in terms of it being easy.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Buy a Stream and use TiVo Online?

Scott

6. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    TiVo online works fine but I can't seem to get it into a full screen mode? The window is about 1/2 the size of my screen.

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Pulling the drive and to a PC will only yield a blank drive and windows will attempt to format and wipe it. Video is encrypted to the TiVo and only unprotected shows can be downloaded over the network.

8. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Select the square at the far right of the play bar to get full screen mode.

[​IMG]

Scott

Attached Files:

9. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Since that's the normal thing to do in a window that was the first thing I tried, but for some strange reason all it did was start the video over and the window remained at 1/2 size. More TiVo online weirdness.

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    What browser are you using? I use Firefox and it works fine in full screen mode.

11. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Good question, it works for me with IE 11 on Windows 10.

Scott

12. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Explorer, which works for every other window I've ever clicked on. I'll try Firefox.

13. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Well I installed Firefox and updated the flash player but still no love, I'm running win7 64 bit.

14. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I can go full screen with my win 7 64 bit machine in IE or Chrome, but I have a plugin or extension in Firefox that messes it up.

15. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I just checked, and full screen works perfectly for me using Chrome and Windows 10.

Incidentally, this is the first time I have ever used TiVo Online. I had completely forgotten that the site even existed. It's pretty cool! :)

16. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    One thing I noticed recently too is that the buffer builds up much larger than on iOS/Android apps. After a while I have at least 10 minutes of forward looking buffer built up which makes moving the sliding bar forwards instant when skipping commercials rather than waiting a few seconds for a new transcode buffer.

17. zerdian1

zerdian1 Roamio PRO, Roamio,

Apr 19, 2015
    SouthEast...
    I just checked and played a TiVo Roamio Pro TV Show on my iMac using TiVoOnline and click Full screen and it covered my whole 27" 5K (UHDTV+) monitor.
    It was clearer and sharper that my 55" Plasma HDTV Monitor.

18. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Chrome works! IE and Firefox don't, strange.

19. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Firefox full screen works for me on Windows 7, Windows 10 and Linux machines.

20. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs
    Same thing happens to me sometimes. Same problem in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browsers. I'm running Win 7 Premium 64 bit. Also, at times my pointer will not change to a hand when I hover over the controls and clicks don't register, until I hover over the full screen button and then go back to the other controls. Sometimes when I am trying to skip the commercials the whole controls area of the player gets messed up, with the green bar running right out of the player's box and the white controls get jumbled. At times when I try to do the 30 second skip or slide the progress bar forward it repeatedly jumps backwards instead (although this last problem seems to have resolved since whatever update they did recently where the site looks different).

I'm wondering if there isn't an issue with their controls not displaying properly at certain resolutions / font sizes / zoom levels. So what you think you are clicking is not actually what is being activated? On my setup if the site loads at normal 100% browser zoom, it is cut off on the right of the screen and I have to zoom out to see everything at once. I'm viewing it on a 32" tv with my resolution set to 1440x900 and my fonts in Windows set to medium - 125%.