Watching Recorded Shows on Android - Tivo App doesn't work

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Majik45, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Majik45

Majik45 New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Is there any way to download and/or just watch shows on my old Tivo HD and Tivo HDXL that I still have going strong on an android phone or tablet? My wife would just like to watch shows in the kitchen on her tablet that are on the Tivo over in the living room, so will be on the same network as the Tivo.

The tivo App doesn't work with the old versions of Tivo, they point you to the Tivo Classic Version of the App, and that app won't let me sign in with my ID, so it does not work. Any 3rd party apps out there to be able to do this?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No. These are Series 3 models that do not support streaming and Tivo ended support. So, no access from online.tivo.com either.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You should be able to download the shows to a PC with either Tivo Desktop or pyTivo Desktop, decrypt and convert to something suitable for your Android tablet/phone, but then you need a means to stream or copy from our PC to your Android tablet/phone.

Scott

4. nt40lanman

nt40lanman Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I'd have PyTivo download and decrypt to a DropBox folder that syncs to the tablet. Use the VLC app to play maybe