Was Wondering About the Loss of Video Signal...

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dhculley, Apr 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. dhculley

dhculley New Member

Apr 5, 2021

Advertisements

My unit (ota) now comes on and goes directly to 'no signal'..and I have proven the OTA signal is working well..I was wondering if it is possible that there may have been a change to the structure of the video signal that the video in firmware is not recognizing..and is it possible to get a firmware upgrade to my unit that may, just may, correct the issue.

Even when I turn the unit off and then back on, the TIVO 'startup' screen comes on..then it goes to 'no signal'...I cannot get it to acknowledge any buttons on the remote..

Your thoughts would be appreciated..

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    A number of things could be happening...

1. The TV could be having trouble when the input the Tivo is on changes resolution.
    2. Roamio takes 3 minutes to start up when powered on, if you can see the Tivo menu, and/or the video in the top corner. If not, you might have the resolution set to one the TV does not like.
    3. The HDMI on either the TV or Tivo failed.

3. dhculley

dhculley New Member

Apr 5, 2021
    I appreciate your feedback..I'll play with the resolution on the TV since I cannot communicate with the TIVO..again..interesting suggestion..thank you..

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd just posted some suggestions to your "dead" thread, not realizing you'd opened this one up.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003

Advertisements

Given TiVo includes a resolution toggle button on some devices, it's an acknowledged possibility...

USING THE RESOLUTION BUTTON
    Normally you'll specify video output formats using the Video Output Settings screen (see Video Output Formats). But if your screen is black and you can’t get to the TiVo menus, you can press the RESOLUTION button on the back of the TiVo Roamio Plus/Roamio Pro to change the Video Output format. You can find this button to the right of the protruding round connectors in the middle of your box. The button is small, and it is located toward the bottom of the box. Continue to press the RESOLUTION button until you see the desired format displayed on your television. (This option is not available on the four-tuner TiVo Roamio or the TiVo Roamio OTA.) (LINK)

6. dhculley

dhculley New Member

Apr 5, 2021

krkaufman likes this.
  7. dhculley

dhculley New Member

Apr 5, 2021
    Thank you..my unit is an OTA though..

8. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Right, just posted that as informational, as the existence of the button on some models demonstrates that the output could get out of sync with the TV.

9. dhculley

dhculley New Member

Apr 5, 2021
    again..thank you for the info...

krkaufman likes this.