Was CSI on Sunday 10/26 in Central time zone?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by bgc, Oct 27, 2014.

1. bgc

bgc Member

Jan 12, 2008

Advertisements

It was scheduled for 9:30p Central, football went 1/2 long so it would have started at 10p Central, but my local news came on at that time instead.

2. stevewjackson

stevewjackson Steve W. Jackson

Nov 2, 2007
    Montgomery,...
    Late word from CBS was that the East/Central zones would have NO episode of CSI. I'll be watching with interest to see how they handle the rebroadcast since the other two zones (presumably) saw it on schedule.

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Mountain and Pacific aired a rerun of CSI.

New episode that was supposed to be shown will most likely be on next Sunday, so check your ToDo lists to make sure it records as it may not since your recorder of choice thought it recorded that episode yesterday.

phox

4. bgc

bgc Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Thanks for the replies, I will check to make sure it records next week. I had to check because I wouldn't put it past the local station to just not show it.

5. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN

Advertisements

I went to watch this last night and got the news instead. I thought it was odd since the football was only over by a half hour. They have half hour over runs all of the time.

Then, I thought it might have been a ploy by my local station only to mess with CBS because they just lost their license (effective beginning of next year), but then I look on here and elsewhere and find out it was all of Eastern and Central that got the boot.

6. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    60 Minutes was scheduled to start at 7:30PM in the Eastern Time Zone.

It started at 8:01PM.

Which meant Madame Secretary started at 9:01PM, and The Good Wife at 10:01PM.

If they'd showed CSI, the 11PM local news (and all the local ads the stations sell that run in that newscast) wouldn't air until just after midnight.

When the audience (of people who have to get up and go to work on Monday mornings so that they can afford to spend money with those local advertisers) would have been much smaller.

This way the 11PM local news actually got to start at just after 11PM.

Keeping the local affiliates happier.

7. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Yeap, it threw me off, and I missed the news. (Don't watch CSI.) :p

8. Nov 2, 2014 #8 of 29
    kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    Are we headed for the same possibility this week with the late NFL game not starting until 4:25pm this afternoon?

9. Nov 2, 2014 #9 of 29
    CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    Here in Seattle the episode for October 26th was labeled as "Girls Gone Wilder", but what was really broadcast was a rerun of an earlier, related episode "Girls Gone Wild" from last season. That was confusing.

I see the guide data shows this week as "Girls Gone Wilder" again and is on my ToDo list.

10. JohnS-MI

JohnS-MI Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    SE MI
    Yes, game has overrun with half the 4th Q to play at the time it should have ended. Pad anything on CBS tonight. The amount of overrun will determine whether they show CSI, I suppose.

11. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    I figured when CSI moved to Sunday night that would be the end for me, as it's been for other shows in that time slot. Just not worth the effort.

12. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    CSI will not air again this week on eastern/central time zone stations. CBS's post didn't mention mountain/pacific getting a rerun so they might be seeing a new episode. Who knows. #SickofCBSSundays

13. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    They're trying again this Sunday (11/9) but this time TMS has not (yet?) assigned it a new programId so an FRO SP will not automatically schedule it.

It amazes me that CBS continues to allocate only 3 hours for the late game.

14. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    Fox has the NFL doubleheader this weekend, and the only late game airing on CBS starts at 4:05, instead of 4:25. Although padding will probably be necessary, I'd be willing to gamble that CSI actually airs this week.

15. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Yes, it's an earlier start time for the game but there is also the "normal" 7PM start time for prime time programming.

I agree that CSI will probably finally air the scheduled episode but no way will it start on time. Pad everything on CBS by an hour.

16. SueAnn

SueAnn Minion

Oct 23, 2004
    St Charles,...
    Are they trying to kill off CSI ?

17. lambertman

lambertman Chris Lambert, man

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    CBS will only show a 4:05 Eastern game to certain markets tomorrow - Most of the Eastern/Central markets will have a 1 PM game.

The 4:05 is Denver-Oakland - will air in Indy, ATL, TB, Jax, Dallas and NO per the506.com.

18. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The four remaining CBS national NFL doubleheaders this season (that will cause the 30-minute shift) are on November 23 and 30, and December 21 and 28. I am not quite sure which January dates will have the shift; I'm pretty sure one of January 4 and 11 will and the other will not (usually, Fox gets the 4:00 game on one week and CBS does on the other), and I think January 18 will be either a time shift or a complete pre-emption. (The Super Bowl is on NBC this year.)

19. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The problem with CBS is that 30 minutes usually isn't enough.

20. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    The problem is that 30 minutes is almost never enough. And when in rare cases it is, they seem to decide to start the programming early sometimes, so you then miss out on the first minute or two.

There's some people at CBS that need to be blacklisted from ever working in network television.