Warranty question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by phughes200, Aug 12, 2018.

1. phughes200

phughes200 Member

Jul 24, 2014
    If I buy a TiVo on EBay that was part of the recent upgrade promotion will TiVo honor the warranty? I cannot find the detailed warranty on their web site. It does say that the extended warranty can be transferred by calling TiVo. Will the answer be the same for a refurbished unit?

2. opus123

opus123 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Extended warranties are transferable... not sure about the built-in 30 day warranty. Better to call them directly before completing the purchase. If it's a NEW unit, and you're concerned about coverage... you may want to opt for the extended warranty ($29 2 years, $39 for 3 years) within the 30-day purchase window. If you can't buy it yourself, have the seller do it. I'm pretty sure you can't apply an extended warranty to a refurbished unit purchase.

3. untfan

untfan Member

Jul 11, 2005
    I have a unit on eBay from the sales - if you’re lookin’ at it I would definitely be willing to call in and add it before shipping just to be sure it is transferable. PM me if your interested.

4. phughes200

phughes200 Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Can you send me a link to your auction? There are quite a few listed right now.

5. untfan

untfan Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Just sent you a message, check your inbox.