Warning Guys...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JACKASTOR, Jun 23, 2011.

1. JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    HEY GUYS TODAY I GOT AN EMAIL SAYING I SOMEONE HAS READ AND REPLIED TO A MSG I HAD ON THE FORUMS. I LOOKED AT THE MSG IN THE EMAIL I RECIEVED AND IT LOOKED CRAZY. SO I THINK THE TIVO FORUMS HAVE BEEN HACKED. BE VERY CAUTIOUS ABOUT WHAT YOU OPEN. HERES A PASTE OF THE MSG. I DONT KNOW HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS SO THAT THE POWERS THAT CAN BE CAN LOOK INTO IT AND FIX IT.
    REGARDS

JACK

*****************warning**************************************
    THE FOLLOWING INSERT IS A COPY OF A BOGUS MSG I GOT SUPPOSEDLY FROM THIS TIVO FORUM. I KNOW IT COULD NOT HAVE ORIGINATED FROM HERE.
    ****************************warning***************************
    defg837 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - channel scan with 14.8u2 hdui - in the TiVo Premiere DVRs forum of TiVo Community.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=471719&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    My mother, who married him wow power leveling (deleted link)against the wishes of her friends, was a attender's fille, and a female of perceive. In Runescape gold (deleted link) vain it was represented to her, that if she became the poor parson's oriental, she staleness wow gold (deleted link)discharged her car and her muhammedan's-maid, and all the luxuries and elegancies of wow power leveling (deleted link)wealth; which accoun ting. A equipage and a moslem's-maid were educatee conveniences; but, convey wow gold (deleted link)heaven, and obligation to title to her own necessities. An wealth infirmary and handy deposit were not to be scorned; but she would rather angry in a house with Richard.

***********************WARNING****************************

2. Savafan1

Savafan1 Active Member TCF Club

Mar 20, 2003
    Ohio
    It just looks like someone posted a spam message in reply to a thread you are subscribed to, and it's been deleted since then.

3. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    JACKASTOR:

I agree looks like spam. You should either remove the links or delete the message. No use helping out the spammer by posting it somewhere where the mods don't know to delete it.

Thanks,

4. JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    Did not realize those links were active. edited now so no helping :p

Thanks ATM for the advice.

regards

jack

5. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Nest time, click the little ! in a triangle to report the post so the mods can delete the post.

Spammers are attacking all forums everywhere, so reporting the posts help keep the forums clean. I just wish I didn't have to wait 60 seconds per report - spammers usually post tons of messages in a big lump...

6. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    FYI, you only need to report one post from each spammer as the system kills them all in one swoop.

7. JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    Thank you Mike for the advice.

regards

jack