Warning from Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jsgray, Aug 19, 2020.

1. jsgray

jsgray New Member

Jun 9, 2011

Advertisements

I received a message from Tivo yesterday saying that there will be an update coming from the app store later this year that will delete all recordings on your iOS devices when you download it. Be aware.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    As in email? Could you cut & paste the important parts?

3. jsgray

jsgray New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    CORRECTION:

This message stated that "The next scheduled TIVO APP update is later this year. Please note when you update the app, all of your downloads will be deleted."

This referred to my downloads on my iOS devices only. I apologize for the confusion.

cwerdna and JoeKustra like this.
  4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    [Emily Litella] nevermind [/Emily Litella]

krkaufman and UCLABB like this.
  5. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA

Advertisements

Yes. I remember seeing the warning on my iOS TiVo apps. I have it installed on multiple iOS devices.

6. FrodoB

FrodoB Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Middleton, WI
    I don't suppose anyone happens to know if there is a way to get a download off of the iPad app? My wife deleted the source from the TiVo for space, but the recording can't be replaced (it's a local PBS recording that our family happens to be on). I'm resigning myself to some sort of screen recording app or even just pointing a camera at the iPad for an hour, but hoping there's something a shade more elegant and likely to have better results. (Although I confess the "camera recording of an iPad screen" is likely to result in a home video with some degree of charm, like an old 80s camcorder video...)

7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Contact the local PBS station. Maybe they can provide the recording.