Warehouse 13 "The 40th Floor" (8/29/11)[SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Aug 30, 2011.

1. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Is anyone still watching? I usually,reluctantly watch the show because I'm interested in the artifacts that they find and the relationships to historical events. But, I mostly don't care for the juvenile antics of the two leads.

I have to admit, this ep was different and I actually enjoyed it. It's almost as if TPB are letting the cast mature a little. And, maybe, they should split up the team more often. I hated to see them kill off the lovely Ashley Williams, though. (Bastids).

In any case, that was a great attention-grabbing line and reveal at the very end of the episode. (Right up there with "No, Luke, I am your father.") :)

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    So who's the guy in the wheelchair? It must be somebody we know, or they wouldn't work so hard to hide his face. Somebody, perhaps, who's in a wheelchair because of Our Heroes?

3. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    The voice sounded awfully familiar, but I just couldn't place it. I was hoping someone else had an idea of who it was. Blofeld?! :D

Mrs. Fredricks ceratinly isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty. Jinks was within character for drawing his gun, but you know that it would mean his being fired, and if predictions are anything, eventually becoming an agent for the bad guys.

The bad guys have little tolerance for failure, and certainly aren't against using artifacts for their aims. Soooo, what is their probem with the warehouse regents/agents?

Janeway is Pete's mom?

4. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I got kind of an Anthony Michael Hall vibe from the silhouette of wheelchair guy.

...and sure enough, his official site says he'll be in upcoming episodes.

Spoiler nazis must really hate me for posting like this ;)

5. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    When I saw the look on her face, I said "mom" right before she turned around.

6. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I think that was the fastest reveal and cut to credits I've ever seen.

So why did the spray paint suddenly spray happy blue instead of fiery red? Because it knew it was painting over the red?

7. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I think the paint was reacting to the mental attitude of the sprayer.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    What does throwing stuff in the static-free bags accomplish? I thought it neutralized the artifacts, but in this case clearly it didn't...

9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, it was a peace symbol. :)

10. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    One could argue that the paint itself was also part of the artifact, and not yet bagged.

11. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    No one has ever stated it was permanent. It makes the objects safe to carry back to the warehouse. Just like real-life static bags, they only work while the object is in the bag.

12. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    They cut to commercial rather abruptly a couple of times in the last half also.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Jinks obviously didn't read the section in Warehouse 13 New Employee Handbook that said Mrs. Frederic can do whatever she damn well pleases.

What's up with Myka's wig? It looks too full or something.

14. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I don't think it's a wig. They're just straightening her thick, curly hair.

15. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Heh, when she introduced herself as "Jane" I was wondering if that was a veiled Star Trek reference or not.

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Whatever happened, she needs to switch back with a quickness.

17. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    Ugh, fell asleep at the end. I'll have to find a synopsis somewhere to see what happened.

18. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I think the show is okay, but needs to tone down the cheesiness more than a notch.

HOWEVER, that video game episode they did was one of the worst things I have ever seen on TV. Just awful.

19. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Well, they certainly got their money's worth on the "posterize" effect in that one!

20. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Indiana
    Was it that she said that her husband was a firefighter that tipped your off? (Knowing that Pete had mentioned his father being one a long time ago)