warehouse 13 "Implosion" 8/18/09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Church AV Guy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...

Advertisements

Let's see, the invisible swordsman. Wasn't that from "Three Amigos," a movie from 1986ish? :D

Artie gets stabbed, just so he can hold onto the sword, but then he can run out of the hangar a moment after Pete pulls it out. The bad guy, who went to all the trouble to get it, merely leaves it. Artie is holding it, but you would think, that wiggling it a bit would fix that.

So, they have an enemy with access to the same "magic" as the warehouse. It's Artie's old partner, apparently, and he's angry about an "incident" with a woman. Gosh, that's new.

The bottle rocket was good though. It burns for ten minutes, that's pretty long for its size. Maybe it burns for a short time and the effect lasts ten minutes. It seemed to last forever in the show though.

Artie HAS to start giving Myka and Pete more background on the objects or they WILL become redshirts.

2. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    I loved the redshirt line. And that Pete liked that Myka understood what he meant.

3. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    Totally agree!!

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    That scene *really* bugged me, they're so close to getting things right so often, then they do something dumb like that just for effect.. it'll be the death knell someday. It's almost like the glaring continuity errors that Heroes had in season one, great scripts, huge continuity flaws in the scenes.

I loved that too, it's the sign of writers that get it..

Diane

5. Sherminator

Sherminator ɹǝs∩ pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝᴚ

Nov 24, 2004
    Lafayette, IN

Advertisements

Come on, it's not the first time that someone in a TV show or movie has had a debilitating injury only to perform near acrobatics two minutes later. ;)

6. SteveInNC

SteveInNC Active Member

Jun 23, 2005
    RTP, NC
    Given where the sword was through his body, it should have been a lot more than debilitating... If it had been through an arm or leg, maybe...

I also agree that the villain would have tried harder to keep it. He had the hilt, he could have just held that and kicked Artie off of the sword. If it's so sharp that it can cut wavelengths of light, it certainly would have cut through the rest of Artie. It's not like Artie could have held onto the live blade.

7. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The implosion weapon reminded me of the movie "The Arrival" with Charlie Sheen (although it was not a weapon in that movie -- more of a high tech cleaning lady).

I gotta say, I really like this show. The character interaction totally holds my attention. Yeah, there are plot holes/inconsistencies, but I don't mind. :) Artie's character and they way he delivers his lines sometimes reminds me of Daniel Jackson.

Apparently Leena understood the Red Shirt line too. ;)

8. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I think it would be funnier if Myka thought he was talking about the Redshirts; after all, she grew up in a bookstore, she might know the older reference. They could completely have been having two different conversations and never known it.

9. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    Thought this was one of the weaker Warehouse shows so far - for many of the reasons listed already. Still entertaining though ;)

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Ugh....I made it about 1/2 way through this one...I slowly lost interest and ended up hitting the delete button.

Oh well..can't win them all.

11. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    the young and pretty inn keeper was inside the warehouse on the video screen at the same time the ugly boss woman was in the room with Artie...that puts her in two places at once and thus cannot be the same person at the same time...

I say "at the same time" because maybe it will end up be two time versions of the same person coexisting in the same moment...

Also, Artie -- jokingly or not -- expressed doubt that the boss is human...

12. kleinman

kleinman On the Battlements

Oct 6, 2003
    Somewhere,...
    Where's Claudia?

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Probably off annoying somebody else.

If that sword was so sharp, it would have sliced through Artie until it hit the ground.

Artie has to be the worst boss in the world. I'm surprised all of his agents don't get killed because he poorly prepares them and witholds crucial information from them.

14. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    dunno, he'd fit in great with my employer
    :D

15. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Who cares?

16. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    It looked like a horizontal "stab" through artie to me, not a "slice" from above.

Z

17. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Yep! There goes my theory. Unless she can also teleport, but in that case she wouldn't need the car.

I didn't care for this episode as much, but I'll keep on watching. I like where there old boss said "Until I find out otherwise I still out rank you." I get the feeling at some point he is going to find out they they do out rank him.

18. Mars Rocket

Mars Rocket Loosely wound

Mar 24, 2000
    Sinnoh region
    Wait - you lost me here. Are you talking about Leena and Mrs. Frederic? Is there some hypothesis I missed that they are the same person?

I found this episode highly annoying with all the "Could it be....nah, I'll just mutter and never explain anything to you because that would make the plot end much too soon."

19. Sherminator

Sherminator ɹǝs∩ pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝᴚ

Nov 24, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    That is a common belief in the threads for the previous episodes. Being that they have never been seen in the same room together, and seemingly appear out of nowhere.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Common but, frankly, insane. The two characters have absolutely nothing in common except (widely) varying degrees of African ancestry. I'm glad the "theory" seems to have been laid to rest! ;)