Wanted: Premiere with Lifetime or cheaper lifetime

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by tjfrech, Nov 3, 2011.

1. tjfrech

tjfrech New Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I don't have cable so I believe that I have to get the premiere but $500 for lifetime is a little beyond me right now. Anyone looking to get rid of theirs that either has a lifetime or can get one at a cheaper price??

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you don't have cable I assume you're planning to use the TiVo for just over the air channels in which case a used Series 3 (there are 3 different models of S3) would work. If you don't already have a TiVo of any description subscribed it would run you $12.95 per month.

Until I think the 11th of this month (November, 2011), there's a TiVo promotion going on where you buy a new Premiere (the Premiere's a Series 4 platform by the way) and use the code ANTENNA when you subscribe it, and as long as you only use it for over the air channels and never, ever, hook cable up to it, it's $9.95 (or $9.99) per month.

Best Buy had, and maybe still does, a deal where you pay $99 for an antenna (that's probably got tons of markup in the price, both wholesale and retail--'cause there ain't much to it, but some people say it works well--) and you get a new Premiere thrown in free.

Do your homework.

3. Dpordy99

Dpordy99 Member

Nov 7, 2011
    yeah you might want to just go with series 3

4. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    and it would only cost you $100 or less on ebay. I bought a TIVO TCD230040 with lifetime for $66 on ebay last month!
    If you have a HD TV I hear that that the SEries 2 with converter boxes look terrible, but dn't know myself, as I only have SD TVs.