Want VOX Remote for my Bolt, But Hydra--How Bad/Good is the UI?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by drweb, Nov 9, 2017.

1. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California

Advertisements

I am thinking about the new VOX Remote for voice for my Bolt, but I am concerned about the UI change that will come with it. I'd like voice, but I enjoy the current UI.
    I am wondering for those of you that have made the change to VOX and Hydra, what did you like and not like? What was "gone" that you missed? What was good that was "new"?
    Thanks for any comments...

Best,
    Michael aka DrWeb

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The majority of the Hydra discussions are happening over in the Coffee House
    TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
    I'm sure you can glean plenty of info from the existing threads that are already in motion.

drweb, jrtroo and atmuscarella like this.
  3. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California
    Thanks, will post there...

4. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California
    update: thread closed, over to COFFEE SHOP...

5. lisabranam

lisabranam New Member

Apr 5, 2018
    USA

Advertisements

As you are already switched to the VOX remote, I thought this link would act like a ray of hope. I am not sure why this is happening but I have felt the way you are feeling at the moment. It has been on many occasions that I have regretted my decision after going through with the purchase. So, hopefully, you are able to figure this one out really soon.

BTW I am using hydra and it works seamlessly with my Charter Cable TV.

drweb likes this.
  6. drweb

drweb TiVo User & Lover

Sep 17, 2008
    California
    Thanks for the post. I did get the Voice Remote during the recent sale, and upgraded the UI. I am happy now, better than I expected. I keep finding good things, and a few to recommend fixing for next update. WHAT TO WATCH had a big find --pick MORE SHOWS, and you get to see what's on now. I wish I could sort those to show only HD channels, but hey, it works...

Best,
    DrWeb

kpeters59 likes this.