Want A&E TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Techoma, Dec 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Techoma

Techoma New Member

Dec 13, 2019
    I finally cut the cord after my lat $202 bill and am thrilled to be a Bolt OTA owner. I used to use Romeos and mini's up until 3 years ago and MISS TiVo!
    I am connected via wireless, have a 1TB external drive, and pick up about 49 OTA channels (many duplicates). What I want is the A&E Channel. Is there a way to get it via TiVo Bolt so I can keep it simple for others in the house? I have my NetFlix and Prime accounts working off TiVo. Surely someone else is a "LivePD" freak like me!!!

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    The cheapest way would be to get Philo for $20. But you can't view it on Tivo. You'd need a Roku, Fire Stick or Apple TV.

Techoma, Willy92 and krkaufman like this.
  3. Techoma

Techoma New Member

Dec 13, 2019
    After looking around, you are absolutely correct. I signed up last nigh, and today installed a full size antenna in my attic solidifying my decision. I do which I could select Philo from TiVo to save changing remotes. I may have to move my Harmony Programmable back to the living room!

Thank you for your suggestion!

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Glad it worked out. If you ever decide to get rid of the Bolt, the Amazon Recast is an OTA DVR with no subscription fee that integrates Philo channels and OTA channels into the same guide. Watch from any Fire TV device. Caveat is you still have to run the Philo app for DVR-ing the Philo channels and the DVR app for DVR-ing your OTA channels. But for live TV, you can use the combined guide. At least you don't have to juggle remotes or use a Harmony. I think the 4-tuner, 1 TB model is $180 at the moment.