Walking Dead OAD 11/20

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pmyers, Nov 21, 2011.

1. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I am so confused as to the timeline... Has it been a couple of days since the girl got lost and Carl got shot or has it been weeks?

I thought it was only a couple of days but then HOW THE HECK IS CARL OUT WALKING AROUND AND SHOOTING GUNS LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED?!?

2. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    When Rick was asking his wife how long she knew about the pregnancy, I was really hoping for her to say how long so I could get a time frame of their stay. I don't get how the kid is walking around after getting shot in the gut so soon, yet the other two guys with serious (but not as serious or life threatening) injuries are still re-cooperating.

3. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    The timeline bothered me also. It seemed to take Rick longer to recuperate from donating blood than those who were shot.

4. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Yeah, they are screwing with the timeline quite a bit these days. It seems like they want it to be that they've only been at the farm for a week, maybe, but no way does Carl recover that fast.

5. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Continuity issues aside, this was the most action-packed ep in a while. That should appease some folks. :)

6. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    :D

7. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    good to know I'm not the only one that was confused then.

8. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Up until this episode, it had only been a few days since the girl went missing and the boy got shot. All of a sudden they seemed to advance the timeline in this episode.

9. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I loved Rick's response to the news about Shane. "Of course I knew." I hate when people keep secrets that could be talked out in minutes. Now Rick just needs to tell Shane. "Hey, I know about you and Lori. As long as we don't talk about it again, we're good." :)

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    When we saw Carl outside hanging with everyone else, I was totally confused an wondered if that was Hershel's kid. I agree that with all the wheel spinning they've been doing this season, they could have found time for a scene showing him feeling better and wanting to get out of bed and go outside.

Maybe now that Maggie saw a walker basically get decapitated and still get up and attack her, she'll be able to convince her dad that the people in the barn are no longer human and cannot be saved.

11. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Carl being up and walking is a bit of a surprise. Maybe he's got a mutated version of the zombie virus (if it is a virus) that causes him to heal faster. ;)

Doing some Googling, it seems that gunshot wounds to the abdomen, were there is only vascular damage, are highly survivable (>97%). A typical time to be discharged from the hospital for such wounds seems to be 7 to 10 days. Add the fact we've got an otherwise healthy kid here, and if they've been on the farm for a week, it's not too unbelievable that Carl would be up and walking.

12. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'd say thats "best case scenario" stuff there, not having a vet work on you in his house ;)

but then to be shooting a gun?

I swear I was thinking this was a "flash forward" episode until I saw Daryl still hurt.

13. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I can accept zombies, I can accept a faster-than-normal gunshot recovery, too. ;)

It's at least faithful to the comic, where the recoveries seem to be miraculous and quick.

14. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Only 1 more episide before the haitus, right?

15. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I was okay with him shooting a gun; it was the facility with which he kept bending at the waist while feeding the chickens which strained my credulity. I don't think there was meant to be any time jump, given what was going on with Glen and his fetch quests and barn secrets. I think this episode was the very next day following the nighttime discovery at the barn. The kid just heals faster than Wolverine.

16. trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    Yes.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yes, one episode next Sunday and then it will come back in February for the second half of the season.

18. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Darabont's name is still all over the opening credits - are we in the post-Darabont part of the season yet or not? Just curious because thus far the season has seemed pretty consistent to me.

19. bluntspoon

bluntspoon New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    vegas
    I watched the first episode of S2 and have the rest sitting on my tivo. I keep looking in these threads and hoping for a reason to watch the rest but I just can't find any. Nothing seems to make sense with how they are acting and the things they do.

I'm really sad. :(

20. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I've been enjoying the show this season but unless something really cool happens next Sunday, I won't be holding my breath for the next part of the season. They've done nothing to build up anticipation. The farmer has pretty much explained the reason behind why the geeks are in the barn. So unless Shane pulls off something shocking, it looks like it will be a simple "to be continued".