Walking Dead 2/14/16 "No Way Out"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JohnB1000, Feb 14, 2016.

1. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004

Advertisements

Good Valentines Day fun !!!!

I like the show and I enjoyed the episode. Very shocking early, especially when the boy died. Sad to see Alexandra Breckenridge go. Kind of, Glenn like, annoyed a the Carl "Fake out"

This episode was like one of those movies where unlikely things happen and everyone is saved at the last minute.

2. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Someone really needs to keep an eye on Carl

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Well...they are following the comics.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Carl really needs to stop getting shot.

5. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009

Advertisements

At first I thought that weapon that they recovered was a rocket propelled grenade (RPG) launcher.

But now I see that it is a magic ray explosion gun.

6. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    Firepower saves the day. Twice.

The first save was fun. Glenn's... I'm no expert, but it seemed kind of dark and far away for nailing all the walkers around Glenn (but not Glenn).

7. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    So they stood next to the pond in broad daylight having a conversation about their plans. Then started walking to the wall. Then it is pitch black night and they are no closer to getting to the wall than they were before?

Lots of running into the middle of throngs of walkers.

I think this show may finally have passed me by.

8. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Kinda risky launching an RPG in to open water but what the heck. Either way both special effects with it were nicely done.

9. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    If by nicely, you mean worst RPG special effect ever, then I agree completely.

10. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Carl's gonna look great with an eye-patch, it'll go nicely with his long hair and cowboy hat.

11. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Overall I liked the episode. At least a lot happened and we weren't left with cliffhangers. Well, except for Carl but it seemed likely he would recover, which is kinda dumb. I just can't see how you survive a gunshot going right into your eye from just a few feet away. But of course, it's a show about zombies so sometimes you just have to roll your eyes and move on.

I thought it was an interesting way to kill the zombies near the end whenever they could have pretty much done the same thing when they were all contained in the quarry. :confused:

12. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    For a second there I thought here comes the sadistic irony I expect from this show - bring Glenn back to life only to immediately kill him again. This show has developed a comical parody twin of itself within the show. After being desensitized to all the zombie stuff there's a certain sport to tuning in just to see how outrageously pulp the creators will get with the path of the story.

13. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    fyp.

14. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    Were they far away? I thought they were at the top of the wall right above him, which would give them a pretty good angle to shoot zombies walking towards him.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Bah, these kids on TV have it lucky.
    [​IMG]
    :D

16. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    While watching it - I thought that entire sequence with Jesse and the kids and Carl getting shot in the eye was a dream sequence or Rick hallucinating.

Mostly because I found it hard to believe that Michonne, Rick and Carl would have just stood there while the others were getting attacked.

Also... Really? You are going to trust Judith to THAT guy?

17. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    That was silly, to me. I mean, why not just throw a match? Even assuming it would work now you've used up one third of your ammunition.

I think the idea is that the angle of the shot was such that it ruined the eye but the bullet didn't actually enter the skull, it ricocheted off the eye socket and out.

Greg Nicotero was on Talking Dead and he said
    that it was bone fragments that destroyed the eye itself
    That seems weird to me but whatever. They did show a super-creepy/realistic Carl dummy on TD. It must be so fun to work on Walking Dead if you're a SFX nut.

18. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    And no one mentions the excellent way they had us all going about Negan to off him like that in the first few minutes?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  19. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Negan wasn't there. Those were his underlings.

20. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Glad to see that Morgan (seems to be) coming around to Carol's way of thinking.

On the other hand, the 'doctor' was possibly going to convert that Wolf until Carol made it a moot point.